Prince Andrew

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis

And on that limited and specific point I have to say I'm inclined to agree. Obviously this was covered by Brass Eye twenty odd years ago but some people seem to love to scream 'paedo!' at every opportunity.

Mugshot

Über Member
And on that limited and specific point I have to say I'm inclined to agree. Obviously this was covered by Brass Eye twenty odd years ago but some people seem to love to scream 'paedo!' at every opportunity.
Yes she's correct, but I don't think that's why Campbell is pointing it out. She's deflecting and trying to create the argument that you can't Hoover with a Dyson.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Yes she's correct, but I don't think that's why Campbell is pointing it out. She's deflecting and trying to create the argument that you can't Hoover with a Dyson.
Indeed, and TBH my own contribution here is somewhat redundant since the whole thing was explained perfectly well by @swansonj a couple of pages back.

My original point was that, although he is now being vilified as a "paedophile", the behaviour of lusting after 17 year old females is still one that is largely supported by considerable sections of society, including many of those doing the vilifying.
Well 17 years old typically are in the period of their life where showing off is a large part of their life. There is a whole difference between acknowledging a 17 years old looks nice and going to bed with said person.
IMO, the major issue is not her age (the age difference is an issue for me but that's just my old-fashioned morals speaking) - the issue is coercion and exploitation.
Yeah but the lines between those are very very thin, but agreed it all comes down to that, if it is a 17year old with an 50 year old without any coercion and exploitation it would be fine. Although the person would still be a peado in the public eye, legally there would be nothing wrong.

Wasn't someone on telly using the 'he's not a paedophile, he's an ephebophile' defence in relation to Epstein a while back? Personally I think the term 'paedophile' is overused and frequently unhelpful. It's an appeal to emotion.
Without an mental research we will never know, and considering he's death that will never happen. Maybe the little kiddo's was just because there easily manipulated and it's off course a better leverage against a famous person than just having had sex with someone who is legal. We must not forget Epstein was about controlling having leverage over person above all. That's what has kept him in his position for so long.
Edited to add, i agree the term Paedophile is used to much, changing it to ephebophile isn't going to change much either, they just need to stop using it as an strawman argument for example when they say the police needs more powers terrorism and pedophiles are always ,mentioned as reasons why, however there is no evidence of one of those offenses being more effectively dealt with since getting more powers.

Last edited:

The Crofted Crest

It's come to an out of court settlement. A "susbstantial" amount for charity apparently. Pity. :sad:

D

Deleted member 49

Ms Guiffre has insisted all the money goes to her charities in support of victims rights
Wouldn't want people to think Andy was giving money to charity....especially not "blood money"
Why would you pay money to someone you've never met 🙄

Last edited by a moderator:

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
His quoted words of sympathy and regret should not be allowed to whitewash what Prince Andrew's response was to the court, via his lawyer, "For over a decade Giuffre has profited from her allegations against Epstein and others by selling stories and photographs to the press and entering into secret agreements to resolve her claims against her alleged abusers, including Epstein and his ex-girlfriend Ghislaine Maxwell...”, dismissing her lawsuits as "frivolous".

At least his mum's jubbly celebrations won't be quite so tainted by a public trial.

Top Bottom