Prince Andrew

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Filling in for Paley, is it?
Oh come on. You can do better than that.

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
It seems such a long time now (a whole three weeks) since Prince Andrew demanded a jury trial.

Writing to a US judge, his lawyers state: "Prince Andrew hereby demands a trial by jury on all causes of action asserted in the complaint."

Gosh. I wonder what happened to his defence case in the interim? 🤔

mjr

Spin it anyway you want paying 7/10 million ? To someone you've never met stinks of guilty.
Yeah, I agree. I'm not sure the civil trial would have added much except salacious revelations in the press. I suspect nothing can be proven beyond reasonable doubt after so long. If he did stuff, he's probably gotten off lightly.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
It seems such a long time now (a whole three weeks) since Prince Andrew demanded a jury trial.

Writing to a US judge, his lawyers state: "Prince Andrew hereby demands a trial by jury on all causes of action asserted in the complaint."

Gosh. I wonder what happened to his defence case in the interim? 🤔
He was pressured by the Firm.

Beebo

Veteran
He was pressured by the Firm.
I suspect you’re correct.
They couldn’t allow it running to trial.

https://blogs.scientificamerican.co...nd-ephebophiles-oh-my-erotic-age-orientation/

seems to cover most angles quite well. (warning: contains discussion of penile blood volume* changes )

*Not a Croatian death metal band. Probably.
Think it's not reallt about the legal defenition but more about for example if you ask poeple on the streets now ''do you consider ''prince'' Andrew to be a peado i think the majority will answer yes to that question.
Ms Guiffre has insisted all the money goes to her charities in support of victims rights
Wouldn't want people to think Andy was giving money to charity....especially not "blood money"
Why would you pay money to someone you've never met 🙄
Because he is lying unfortunately he gets away with it.

Much as the spectacle of a trial would have given us some entertainment, Giuffre is entitled to settle as she sees fit.

The odious Andrew should retain his pariah status whatever happens.
I agree with both that is a pity that there is an settlement as with your statement that Giuffre is entitled to settle, sure she is that does not take away that it would have been better if for once he would have been told by a court he would'nt be able to wiggle or buy his way out..

I'm not sure which is louder... the grinding of teeth in frustration as a trial option is closed, or the terrible clatter as pitchforks are chucked away in disgust.
Don't think the pitchforks are chucked away rather put aside, ready for action by his next mistake or when the book is released.

Ian H

Guru
The Telegraph is saying the total is over £12m and mama will bail him out.
I suspect that after a decent interval there'll be an attempt gradually to reintroduce him to public life. Though perhaps not if mama dies too soon.

mudsticks

Squire
Don't think the pitchforks are chucked away rather put aside, ready for action by his next mistake or when the book is released.

I suspect Andrew is out of the picture, and off the hook for the rest of his life, one way or another.

It's some consequences for him I guess if he gets to do less royally swanning about any more.
And his reputation is buggered

Money paid to a person he claims never to have met, is as close to an admission of guilt as we're likely to get from him.

If nothing else it's maybe a forewarning / cautionary tale to others who might in other circs have considered that their money, power, or influence , would allow them to abuse those priveleges.

Not to say these things don't still go on ..

Sex trafficking, and abuse, of power disparities in all sorts of situations, are still sadly an 'everyday' thing, but perhaps after this it's now less taken for granted that it can be got away with so easily.

Top Bottom