Prince Andrew

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Veteran
I’m sure you know that I meant they will pressure him to settle out of court. The royals don’t go to court.

I didn't know what you meant.

Any settlement will surely be seen as an admission of guilt, so I wonder if the rest of the family will want one of their number to admit he's a nonce, even if he is one.

It's a mess, purely of Andrew's making.

No sympathy for him, but I do have some for the Queen.

Not what you want at any time of life, but particularly at her age.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
I’m sure you know that I meant they will pressure him to settle out of court. The royals don’t go to court.
It seems he's selling his Swiss chalet. Every penny will count with bills to pay.

D

Deleted member 49

The US judge has thrown out Andrew’s attempts to block the legal process.
So it’s a court hearing or a private settlement. Neither of which are going to endear him to the public.
He'll settle....just sold his chalet :rolleyes:

The complaint is quoted as say she will reject any private payment and wants to take it to court.
That may simply be part of the negotiation process.

Presumably Andrew does have the option of simply not engaging further with the process. I assume there is no way to enforce what would then, I guess, be damages arising from a default judgement. Not a great look, but maybe better than fighting, more testimony becoming public, and still losing.

High stakes for him, prurient entertainment for most of us, and possible justice for a victim.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
I cannot remember the details but did Virginia Guifre give evidence in the case against Epstein after accepting the money off him?
Perhaps she now feels that after accepting the money once it is time that she had her day in court.

There are loads of complications in this arising from the Maxwell case where the prosecution lawyers did not AIUI call for her testimony because of her unreliability and alleged discrepancies in her statements, and also having another abused woman criticising Guifre for having, in effect, actively collaborated with Maxwell/Epstein in drawing her into the abuse.

What would be very difficult, without evidence from Maxwell, would be to decide if Andrew knew that she had been trafficked for sex or whether he thought she was just a celebrity obsessed young woman. Either way will not be good for him.

It will all get very dirty and I would not be surprised if it did end up in another payoff compromise.

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
It would be the cherry on the cake to to top off the Queen's Platinum Jubilee celebrations of parties, parades, pageants and puddings to have her son revealed as a paedo prince.

matticus

Guru
It would be the cherry on the cake to to top off the Queen's Platinum Jubilee celebrations of parties, parades, pageants and puddings to have her son revealed as a paedo prince.
It's comments like this that almost make me hope he gets away with it.
What has HM done to earn your spite?

Top Bottom