Prince Andrew

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Veteran
Given the old place's imminent demise, I think it's time to nick some of the more popular topics, of which Prince Andrew is one.

Not much fresh in the last few days, although there have been a couple of court rulings which push the Roberts civil action forward.

A Yankee judge has ruled (at last) the case can be deemed properly served by 'special service', which appears to mean if his lawyers have it, he has it.

Another Yankee judge has ruled Andrew's lawyers can apply for the agreement between Epstein and Roberts to be 'unsealed'.

Presumably they will apply, because they claim it protects their client.

https://news.sky.com/story/prince-a...legal-papers-can-be-served-stateside-12410118

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
I think he’s simply delaying the inevitable but, as you pointed out in the original thread, his lawyer is bound to put up every obstacle he can think of.

In my view it doesn’t matter what the High Court says about it, it’s a US case and if a US judge says it can proceed, then the prince would be foolish not to be represented at it. Clearly he’d never appear in person.

“… Judge Kaplan ruled: "Service on the defendant's US counsel is reasonably calculated to bring the papers served to the defendant's attention, regardless of whether his US counsel is 'authorised' to accept service on his behalf."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58593836

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Veteran
I think he’s simply delaying the inevitable but, as you pointed out in the original thread, his lawyer is bound to put up every obstacle he can think of.

In my view it doesn’t matter what the High Court says about it, it’s a US case and if a US judge says it can proceed, then the prince would be foolish not to be represented at it. Clearly he’d never appear in person.

“… Judge Kaplan ruled: "Service on the defendant's US counsel is reasonably calculated to bring the papers served to the defendant's attention, regardless of whether his US counsel is 'authorised' to accept service on his behalf."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58593836

It appears the High Court mechanism is no longer needed because the US ruling refers to special service on Andrew's US lawyers.

His lawyers have sought to defend the case thus far by obstruction.

Those moves have failed, but I think they will continue to fight it.

I agree Andrew will never risk going to the USA in person in case an FBI special agent wants to make a name for himself by nicking Andrew on suspicion of criminal activity.

He can still defend it via video link, and his lawyers could choose to continue their defence of it without him appearing in any capacity.

FishFright

If he's innocent then he should have his day in court to prove it just like everyone else. No amount of contract law will ever overwrite his right to have his name cleared.
But he won't face the music in the US and there's no way that the UK judiciary will tackle this case.

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
If he's innocent then he should have his day in court to prove it just like everyone else. No amount of contract law will ever overwrite his right to have his name cleared.
But he won't face the music in the US and there's no way that the UK judiciary will tackle this case.

It’s for the accuser(s) to prove his guilt, he doesn’t have to prove anything. However this case is a civil one, not criminal, so isn’t going to determine guilt or innocence but liability.

kynikos

It’s for the accuser(s) to prove his guilt, he doesn’t have to prove anything. However this case is a civil one, not criminal, so isn’t going to determine guilt or innocence but liability.
Through his actions he's already been found guilty - in the court of public opinion.

mudsticks

Squire
My cousin tells me that Prince Andrew regularly got his chopper out….

I don't s'pose anything legal much will come of all this.

Privilege, will protect privilege.

All I hope is that the publicity around a case like this gives a few folks who think they might get away with abusing their power, some pause for thought.

Beyond that, I don't really see it going anywhere. much.

D

Deleted member 49

Once upon a time there was a Prince who loved dogs.....how sweet from Matthew Parris in the Times.🙄

I don't s'pose anything legal much will come of all this.

Privilege, will protect privilege.

All I hope is that the publicity around a case like this gives a few folks who think they might get away with abusing their power, some pause for thought.

Beyond that, I don't really see it going anywhere. much.
They flew helicopters together….

Top Bottom