Private Eye, The Guardian & Issues of the Day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
I seem to recall this is/was a problem in Politics too, offspring/relatives employed in by MP's as "assistants", "secretaries" etc.

Despite that fact that most of moan about it, I suspect, that given the opportunity, most people would make a cosy little slot for son/daughter/son-in-law etc etc

Not all would, but that still doesn't make it right...especially the politicians, who are supposed to be public servants and not using money out of the public purse to pay their family.

Last edited:

Beebo

Veteran
Yeah, I'm probably of the same mind. And that £150k/annum is a crazy pay-packet for a small quantity of lightweight guff.

Just Chicken feed.
If you believe Johnson.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Not all would, but that still doesn't make it right...especially the politicians, who are supposed to be public servants and not using money out of the public purse to pay their family.

You’re right, not all would, that is why I used the word most, rather than all

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Oh totes dahhling.

It's right up my leafy suburban street 🙄

Don't worry, they have city farms, if you're looking for a more sophisticated life.

mudsticks

Squire
My neighbour has a pig, which is a bit of an odd thing to see wandering around the front garden of a suburban semi-detached.

Is it a digging pig??

I gave up keeping them a few years back, they can really trash the ground .

Kind of fun characters to have around though.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Is it a digging pig??

I gave up keeping them a few years back, they can really trash the ground .

Kind of fun characters to have around though.

I don't know. It's not my immediate neighbour and I only noticed it a couple of months ago when I had to park outside their house. I think they keep it in the back but sometimes let it amble around the front. There were some chickens as well keeping it company but that's less unusual.

But yeah, they're not the sort of thing to have around if you enjoy a well kept lawn.

Top Bottom