Roast in the Bag?

How should I cook the Roast in the Bag duck?

• Haven't you seen Great British Menu? Sous vide or nothing.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
theclaud

theclaud

Reading around the chip
I almost like the leftovers better than the roast. And I have enough for lunch tomorrow. :smile:

IMG_20220725_201402583.jpg

D

Deleted member 49

I almost like the leftovers better than the roast. And I have enough for lunch tomorrow. :smile:

View attachment 1774
Looks better than yesterday's :rolleyes: I'm more interested in your choice of beer..Tsingtao ?

mudsticks

Squire
To be fair, I'd risk that for a Sunday morning fried rice brekkie.

I forgot to add that I got one more dinner out of the duck (well, the stock).

View attachment 1816

Yum.
Sure it's fine..

I think I'm a bit paranoid about the reheated rice thing.

A guy I know put himself in hospital with a food poisoning induced heart attack, after eating poorly reheated takeaway, it was the rice that was the culprit..

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Yum.
Sure it's fine..

I think I'm a bit paranoid about the reheated rice thing.

A guy I know put himself in hospital with a food poisoning induced heart attack, after eating poorly reheated takeaway, it was the rice that was the culprit..

Reheating won't help, the problem isn't the bacteria themselves but the toxin that's produced by B. Cereus which is heat stable. You need to keep the rice cool to stop the bacteria growing and producing the toxin in the first place.

It's a storage issue, not a cooking issue.

mudsticks

Squire
Reheating won't help, the problem isn't the bacteria themselves but the toxin that's produced by B. Cereus which is heat stable. You need to keep the rice cool to stop the bacteria growing and producing the toxin in the first place.

Well I'm sure you refrigerated it promptly diligently 👍🏼

Top Bottom