Rocinante

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I

Ianonabike

Guest
Anyone who values truth will have difficulty living a lie, so here goes: my name isn't Ian Onabike.*


View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoT5JImB1H8

I'm addicted to cycling forums. After a spell at Cycling Plus (and before that uk.rec.cycling), in 2005 I started Another Cycling Forum. That lasted about three years and remains parked in a nostalgic orbit.

Next came Not Another Cycling Forum, natch. My main project these days is slowly interviewing people. It's fun, interesting, and just my speed.

Until I was serially banned,** mostly due to my inquisitive nature as regards gender ideology — the free speech issue of our time — I also posted on other forums, chiefly CycleChat and YACF.

What makes NCAP (NACA for old-timers) attractive is the lack of moderation. This is rare.

It's obvious what my specialist subject is. I can talk politics at many, many other places if I want to; being 'gender critical' on a cycling forum has been pretty much verboten, making this an itch I needed to scratch, though technically on a cycling adjacent forum. I also had it in mind to give moral support to AuroraSaab after the appalling way she was treated by Multitool and Monkers. Multitool in particular was almost certainly responsible for a number of decent people leaving before he went back to YACF or wherever he usually indulges his social media Tourettes. Nazi! Fascist! daffodil!

I could've carried on, but it's not as much fun hiding in plain sight as you might think. This isn't a flounce, it's suicide by moderator. I must assume they won't be merciful. Dear mods: at least I never called you names.

It's a shame. Despite my avowal that I don't care about Trump, as an American with relatives who voted for him and relatives who despise him, I'd happily offer myself up once more as a sacrificial American. While I still can!

So this is probably adiós. I'll be under house arrest back home, if anyone wants to chat.

rocinante.jpg


Rocinante was of course Don Quixote's old horse. I feel like him sometimes. It's also a spaceship in one of my favourite sci-fi shows.


View: https://youtu.be/9W06u0n5UcU

*A real Ian: I told you so.
**Mo' meta blues
 

Shortfall

Well-Known Member
I'm confused. Are you about to be banned? From here or the main site? Both? For what?
 

classic33

P.D. Hoff
Seems as Another Sam/Slow Horse has been back yet again. Hence the many links to various threads, here and elsewhere.
 

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Location
South Tyneside
Sad to see him go. Funny that reregistering gets you banned but endless deliberate manipulation of the swear filter to call me and others c#nts doesn't.

Yes, his departure will make the echo louder. 😊
 

classic33

P.D. Hoff
Sad to see him go. Funny that reregistering gets you banned but endless deliberate manipulation of the swear filter to call me and others c#nts doesn't.
You need an account on cyclechat to have one here. This is for cyclechat members only.
He deleted posts* on there prior to closing his account.

*Easily checked on his last thread.
 
Sad to see him go. Funny that reregistering gets you banned but endless deliberate manipulation of the swear filter to call me and others c#nts doesn't.
Yeah shame on the f*ckers who do that, why would you put an f*cking star to evade the f*cking filter. it's not that we all know what it says with or without. f*cking hell.
I do agree with you if they are not banned under their earlier username why cant they just return under an new identity it happens all the time in real life, poeple who discover all of the sudden they where mr/mrs/they/them/it all along.
 

classic33

P.D. Hoff
Yeah shame on the f*ckers who do that, why would you put an f*cking star to evade the f*cking filter. it's not that we all know what it says with or without. f*cking hell.
I do agree with you if they are not banned under their earlier username why cant they just return under an new identity it happens all the time in real life, poeple who discover all of the sudden they where mr/mrs/they/them/it all along.
The issue is that this forum is for those with an active account on CycleChat. He chose to close that account, and in doing so lost access to this part.

All his own doing, no-one else to blame but himself.

As for the language usage, she's not entirely without sin herself. So maybe she should take a look before casting any stones at others.
 
Top Bottom