Russel Brand seems to have an situation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icowden

Legendary Member
Probably wouldn't pick the Thames but at least it's clean nowadays and there's less chance of a sanitary towel or curly poo being stuck to your forehead when they pull you up from the dip.
This is the same Thames where the Oxford and Cambridge rowers all became ill?

This is the same Thames where the Oxford and Cambridge rowers all became ill?

Do you think there's a link?

matticus

Guru
That depends on your views regarding forgiveness and atonement, role modeling and the Scout promise and law I suppose.

But he's not John the Baptist and that's not the river Jordan. It's creepy and weird, like Brand himself.

(And sometimes the gulls follow the trawler.)

Very helpful - thankyou for your clear explanation.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I hadn't heard about that. I thought it was super clean these days? Oh well, potentially being responsible for RB having the sh*ts for a fortnight is starting to endear evangelicalism to me.

There's a program on right now on Radio 4 about Thames Water and its 'difficulties'.

icowden

Legendary Member
I hadn't heard about that. I thought it was super clean these days? Oh well, potentially being responsible for RB having the sh*ts for a fortnight is starting to endear evangelicalism to me.

The key word there is "was". It "was" super clean (well by historical standards). Now it very much isn't

Beebo

Veteran
I presume this isn’t a C of E type church.

Is this the same weird church that Calvin Robinson belongs to?

icowden

Legendary Member
I presume this isn’t a C of E type church.
You presume wrongly - this is a C of E "education programme" which embraces charismatic and evangelical ideas. It's got a hint of stepford wives about it. I believe it is quite divisive in the C of E. Many Churchgoers quit our local church when the old Vicar retired and we got a pair of married vicars who are somewhat travelled down the evangelical route. They are the sort of people that tell primary school KS1 kids that if you believe in Jesus he will heal your disabilities as they are punishment for sins in a past life. Didn't go down very well at all.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
You presume wrongly - this is a C of E "education programme" which embraces charismatic and evangelical ideas. It's got a hint of stepford wives about it. I believe it is quite divisive in the C of E. Many Churchgoers quit our local church when the old Vicar retired and we got a pair of married vicars who are somewhat travelled down the evangelical route. They are the sort of people that tell primary school KS1 kids that if you believe in Jesus he will heal your disabilities as they are punishment for sins in a past life. Didn't go down very well at all.

There are many things I dislike about the church but telling people they can somehow be cured of serious ailments by praying is absolutely reprehensible.

Top Bottom