Rwanda - quite a nice place, perhaps?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Southern and Northern Ireland are the two areas of the British Isles with the highest numbers of migrants crossing borders.

Of course most are white Irish crossing the border from north to south and back which only goes to illustrate that any debate about migrants is really a covert debate about race.

Mostly. We have a free-movement deal with Irish nationals, so they are legally allowed to come to the UK.
But I take your point....

In other news, bears are shitting in the woods....
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...ousands-potential-rwanda-deportees-data-shows

Psst- have you checked the ferries to Ireland?

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
With the government pressing ahead with preparations to deport people to Rwanda, please check organisations in your local area for information on how to thwart the Home Office operation.

In Scotland we have the No Evictions Network which, although based in Glasgow, has contacts all over Scotland, so call them wherever you are in the country to tell them of any immigration vehicle sightings.

Screenshot_20240430_165330_Instagram.jpeg

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Southern and Northern Ireland are the two areas of the British Isles with the highest numbers of migrants crossing borders.

Of course most are white Irish crossing the border from north to south and back which only goes to illustrate that any debate about migrants is really a covert debate about race.

Are white Irish NI and White Irish Eire people different races?

Beebo

Veteran
any asylum seeker who makes a successful application in Eire will be immediately free to move back to the UK under the common area agreement. So it could actually be a massive own goal for the uk government.

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
I’m seeing reports on Twitter about the driver of a coach that was about to transport asylum seekers being arrested for racial abuse after shouting at someone (I’m not sure if it was a protester or someone else):

Fųck you ya fųckin’ black bastard”.

Hopefully that’s the end of his career driving buses.

He may have been a racist all his life but this government has emboldened people like him to spout their hatred even when others are filming it.

Reactions: C R
any asylum seeker who makes a successful application in Eire will be immediately free to move back to the UK under the common area agreement. So it could actually be a massive own goal for the uk government.

Is that correct?

CTA guidance refers to Citizens of the UK or ROI; not sure that extends to those in ROI with other forms of leave to remain etc.

Beebo

Veteran
Is that correct?

CTA guidance refers to Citizens of the UK or ROI; not sure that extends to those in ROI with other forms of leave to remain etc.

I don’t know the technicalities but It’s an open border with no checks so how do we stop them?
They will just melt into the black market.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
I think you need ID, which for travel by plane or ferry is very often only satisfied by it being a passport. Not insurmountable to get ID or use someone elses though.

I think you need ID, which for travel by plane or ferry is very often only satisfied by it being a passport. Not insurmountable to get ID or use someone elses though.

ID is pretty much a requirement for air travel, even on Domestic services in the UK, post 9/11. That though is about aviation security.

Not so sure you'd need Id if you got the bus to Holyhead and then the ferry to Ireland. Still less so if you go to Birkenhead or Cairnryan and get a ferry to NI - no different to crossing into Wales or Scotland.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
ID is pretty much a requirement for air travel, even on Domestic services in the UK, post 9/11. That though is about aviation security.

Not so sure you'd need Id if you got the bus to Holyhead and then the ferry to Ireland. Still less so if you go to Birkenhead or Cairnryan and get a ferry to NI - no different to crossing into Wales or Scotland.

There was a recent criminal case (murder) local to me where the accused was a Moroccan National, who claimed to have entered UK without paperwork, via ferry from Holland. Details of ports involved were not given.

But, personally, when flying or travelling by ferry, I have always had to show photo ID.

There was a recent criminal case (murder) local to me where the accused was a Moroccan National, who claimed to have entered UK without paperwork, via ferry from Holland. Details of ports involved were not given.

But, personally, when flying or travelling by ferry, I have always had to show photo ID.

Always needed a passport to show at check in before boarding a ferry to France. This was true before juxtaposed border controls and at a time when the Police de Frontiers office in Calais was shut on Sunday afternoon.

Wouldn't expect to show anything between GB and NI any more than I will be on Cal Mac to Harris in four weeks time.

ROI used to be doable, even by air, with an NHS card as ID but that was before 09-11.

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom