Schooliform

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
icowden

icowden

Legendary Member
It's still a tax-fee bonus for the rich , even if you somehow think you are poor, IC
No, I didn't class myself as poor.

And whilst it might be a tax fee bonus for the Rich, do you really think 4 grand a year is going to make any noticeable difference to a family with two 100k cars, a gym and home cinema?

The point that you seem to be wilfully missing is that the VAT doesn't matter to the wealthy, but it does to those who are only just affording the fees. I don't have 4 grand lying around, and I'm in a household with a reasonably good family income.

multitool

Shaman
No, I didn't class myself as poor.

And whilst it might be a tax fee bonus for the Rich, do you really think 4 grand a year is going to make any noticeable difference to a family with two 100k cars, a gym and home cinema?

The point that you seem to be wilfully missing is that the VAT doesn't matter to the wealthy, but it does to those who are only just affording the fees. I don't have 4 grand lying around, and I'm in a household with a reasonably good family income.

You just sound like someone who makes an exception for themselves, tbqhwy.

The rich not noticing £4k is not a very good argument for not taxing them ;)

OP
OP
icowden

icowden

Legendary Member
The rich not noticing £4k is not a very good argument for not taxing them ;)
Which is why I have never argued that. I have consistently argued that VAT imposition would penalise the poorest families, not the wealthiest.
That's why it is flawed. It makes private schools more exclusive, not less.

OP
OP
icowden

icowden

Legendary Member
Yummy mummies in Volvo SUVs?
DryRobes are usually worn by athletes. My BiL has one - he's an Iron Man (sub 6 hours) as does my niece who is swimming at County Level.
I'm fine with taxing them if worn by yummy mummies in Volvo SUVs though...

qigong chimp

Settler of gobby hash.
Damn! Just Googled Dryrobes and now find, to my shame, that I aspire to own one (or two).

qigong chimp

Settler of gobby hash.
They come in fuchsia!!

story_annox_change_robe_58_1_82ef.jpg

Top Bottom