SPLITTER!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Screenshot_20221006-071739_Chrome.jpg

I say good luck to our Scottish friends and make the most of your new-found freedoms.

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
View attachment 2250

I say good luck to our Scottish friends and make the most of your new-found freedoms.

The sentiment is appreciated, but what are these 'new-found freedoms' of which you speak?

Last time I checked the Tories were an existential and openly hostile threat to devolution, never mind the dream of independence.

winjim

The sentiment is appreciated, but what are these 'new-found freedoms' of which you speak?

Last time I checked the Tories were an existential and openly hostile threat to devolution, never mind the dream of independence.

Post independence I mean. It worked for the EU obv, so why not the UK?

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
Post independence I mean. It worked for the EU obv, so why not the UK?

Ah, that'll be following the independence referendum that, according to Trussterfück, will absolutely never happen even if the Supreme Court find that the Scottish Parliament does have the legislative competence to call one! That one! 👍

ebikeerwidnes

I am confidently expecting Truss to be the tool that forces the Union apart

how in the name of $deity they will sort the border out is another matter
but they sorted out the Northern Ireland one perfectly well so how hard can if be
:laugh::laugh:

In other words - NI will go first them, shortly after, Scotland

Hopefully Northern England can go after - maybe taking the Midlands and Wales along with us and leave the Tories to rule in unrivaled supremacy over the South East

The SOuth West will probably join up with Wales and Ireland and form a loose coalition of 'Celtic' nation something like the old EEC

All because of Truss and the true Brexit

or then I could be talking bollox

again

London (mostly) detests Tories too.

The South West has some strong Tory heartlands as well, sadly. It'll be a bitter irony that the bits of the UK physically closest to Europe is the part that hates it most!
Under the @ebikeerwidnes scenario the last bastion of Tory Brexitness will be a blue line along the channel. Kent will have the deepest hue....

winjim

I forsee Brighton becoming an independent city state. Except it's too full of moustachioed hipsters and middle class lesbian yoghurt weavers to actually get round to doing anything. Maybe they could twin with Hebden Bridge.

oldwheels

One thing I can never understand.
If as they claim Scotland is an economic basket case why are the English government so desperate to stop independence?
Surely they could save lots of dosh and live in even more comfort forever after by just letting the Scots get on with managing their own affairs and not being subsidised for everything.

oldwheels

Just noticed Alistair Union Jack says Nicola Sturgeon is responsible for the murder of a tory MP because she detests tory policy.
You could not make it up.

Top Bottom