Sturgeon resigns

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Veteran
Seems to be totally out of the blue.

Let’s wait for the press conference to find out why?

monkers

Guru
I wouldn't be surprised if she's suffered some extreme abuse, particularly recently. But also, it's much healthier to step aside willingly than be forced out. It'll be interesting to see who can fill her shoes.

I'm sure that's a given Ian.

Beebo

Veteran
Listening now to her press conference it’s interesting to contrast her resignation for the good of the Country with Johnson’s desperation to cling on to power for solely personal reasons.

Reactions: C R

matticus

Guru
Just watched the conference, From what I get from it, she's exhausted from being at the top for 16 years (8 as Deputy, 8 as FM) and she has mentioned, subtly, about the level of aggression in politics.

I think both of those would exhaust anyone.

... and maybe influenced by the similar turn in NZ?

Reactions: C R
D

Deleted member 28

Disappointed at how little triumphal honking and bleating there is from the usual righty-shitey Jackshagger suspects there is in this thread.

It's because we're better than that, just go's to show how popular the 'indyref' turned out to be.

You arrogant f*ck!

multitool

Shaman
We may never know why she is stepping down. She has buried herself in working for independence for years and has made huge progress. That sort of devotion is bound to take its toll.

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
It's because we're better than that, just go's to show how popular the 'indyref' turned out to be.

FOPCbgRVUAcmUN_.jpg

You arrogant f*ck!

You and your compliments! You're after something, aren't you?

matticus

Guru
She had (has) qualities missing in so many of our politicians, particularly the current Westminster government, such as integrity, compassion, intelligence, honesty, and justice.
I'd probaby agree with that; even though I'm no fan of devolution. She believes in it for good reasons, that's her choice. And of course she has worked on many other worthy causes.

Top Bottom