Telegraph and Express. Your Whopper of the day.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

matticus

Guru
I reckon this guy's a whopper:

IMG_20240529_073257.jpg

multitool

I reckon this guy's a whopper:

View attachment 6010

I think you'll find that headline has changed 3 times since.

The Telegraph has been mirroring the Tory party for some time now in its descent into fantasy.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
We all know the current crop of 18 year olds didn’t get furloughed.
But they did have a terrible early teenage life, so why not ruin their late teens too.

Assuming the National Service proposal ever comes into being, if implementation proceeds at the usual Government pace, the 18 year olds who will be affected probably haven’t been born yet. 😊

OMG, I've seen so many variations of this comment in the last week. But that particular pic is new; does he REALLY have purple hair??

I'm tempted to get jerseys made up with
Yoghurt-Knitting Leftard CC

(Preferably with a rainbow background colour)

I know I could wedge a number of other trigger words in, but it's gotta be reasonably short for a cycle jersey!

Put me down for an XL....

monkers

Legendary Member
Yet another lack of joined-up thinking; they could have told the conscripts I'm sorry, volunteers that they'd be allowed to smoke on bases or battlefields. Instantly much cooler than the rest of their peer group!

When my Dad did national service, the recruits were all given more cigarettes than they knew what to do with (his account of things).

It was only then he started smoking.

matticus

Guru
When my Dad did national service, the recruits were all given more cigarettes than they knew what to do with (his account of things).

Of course that is both funny and sad! I suspect my dad was the same - but he gave up around the time we were small kids. He now gets skin cancer from standing around in Cyprus - back in the day - before sun-cream was a thing (luckily nothing life-threatening). It's a funny old world ...

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.

Yes, both my parents started smoking during their “service” years. Father when conscripted, 1939, mother when she joined up, not sure if she was conscript?, and, too late to ask now.

Of course that is both funny and sad! I suspect my dad was the same - but he gave up around the time we were small kids. He now gets skin cancer from standing around in Cyprus - back in the day - before sun-cream was a thing (luckily nothing life-threatening). It's a funny old world ...

Mrs B's late uncle was in the same cohort. He suffered PTSD after seeing fellow conscripts picked off by EOKA.

OP
OP
albion

albion

Guru
GB_Lies has headlined that ' Britsh Car manufacturer Lotus unveils revolutionary charger' , fully ignoring that both the owner and location of manufacturer is China. More Britus success !

It headlines alongside a 'Don't let them silence us, give us your money' type headline, which also got it here.

OP
OP
albion

albion

Guru
https://www.theguardian.com/media/a...n-of-telegraph-media-group-to-begin-next-week

This time it is a Guardian 'whopper about the Telegraph. The Telegraph lost its soul years ago. And it shows minimum support for the Conservatives, it having more a 'highest bidder' and far right agenda.

Whilst the National Crime Agency is now involved, I sense sonething very big also went on years ago.
And the current Abu Dhabi ownership simply continues that 'business' of influence.

Last edited:

Ian H

Legendary Member

He was very helpful looking after the 600 control a few weeks ago. I hope we've thanked him properly.

Top Bottom