Telegraph and Express. Your Whopper of the day.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
albion

albion

Guru

• Sad
Reactions: C R

Beebo

Veteran
Who actually buys the Express? What market does it cater to?
On the day when all other news agencies are reporting a UK recession, the Express has gone with a bonkers headline.
IMG_4207.jpeg

D

Deleted member 121

Who actually buys the Express? What market does it cater to?
On the day when all other news agencies are reporting a UK recession, the Express has gone with a bonkers headline.
View attachment 5490

Nobody that uses a Foodbank or thinks that the Royals are a bunch of inbred tóssers...

D

Deleted member 121

What the hell have they got against a tribute to Steve Wright?

My guess is what everyone else seems to be doing. BBC bashing, including blaming the BBC for his death. The man had an amazing career in the BBC. Better than most DJ's will ever get. But before the official cause of his death has been publicly announced, he has according to the likes of Katie Plopkins, died of a "broken heart" caused by the BBC... :wacko:

AndyRM

Elder Goth
My guess is what everyone else seems to be doing. BBC bashing, including blaming the BBC for his death. The man had an amazing career in the BBC. Better than most DJ's will ever get. But before the official cause of his death has been publicly announced, he has according to the likes of Katie Plopkins, died of a "broken heart" caused by the BBC... :wacko:

Words fail me.

I had a little look, and apparently it's because someone who gave a tribute worked with him and moved him from a prime time slot to a different one, as well as other DJs, clearly not understanding how radio works.

D

Deleted member 121

Given his physical state, sudden nature, its probable he died of cardiac incident or major stroke

It is likely. Tom Petty went similarly. But Tom didn't work for the BBC so he's of little interest to the political rollercoaster...

Beebo

Veteran
I suspect Steve Wright would be devastated that his death was being used to bash the Beeb.
As a life long radio man he knew how the system worked.
In 15 years time the current incumbents will be moved on too.

icowden

Legendary Member
I had a little look, and apparently it's because someone who gave a tribute worked with him and moved him from a prime time slot to a different one, as well as other DJs, clearly not understanding how radio works.
Also, if he had been that upset at losing his afternoon slot, why would he continue to work at the BBC? It's very likely he would have got offers from other networks. I suspect part of the move may have been down to poor health.

icowden

Legendary Member
Also worth noting that Sunday Love songs could be done fairly easily by him at any time. All he had to do was record the lead ins to each song, read any appropriate messages etc. Probably 40 minutes of work for a 2 hour show. The BBC may also have facilitated home recording as they did with Desmond Carrington.

Beebo

Veteran
Also worth noting that Sunday Love songs could be done fairly easily by him at any time. All he had to do was record the lead ins to each song, read any appropriate messages etc. Probably 40 minutes of work for a 2 hour show. The BBC may also have facilitated home recording as they did with Desmond Carrington.

Tony Blackburn said that Wright pre recorded pick of the pops, but Blackburn advised him to start doing it live as it made for a better program

Top Bottom