The Civil Service

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Do you think removing one in five of the staff will improve things?

Well, I don’t think that having even more people doing the same old thing, will, necessarily improve the situation.

All uphill

Well, I don’t think that having even more people doing the same old thing, will, necessarily improve the situation.

I agree, of course. An intelligent approach would be to design and build slick systems for us lot to use and then see how many staff could be spared. Not just taking out the axe.

But that would require thought, planning and good execution. Not something this government seem interested in. (Although Priti might like the idea of executions).

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
I agree, of course. An intelligent approach would be to design and build slick systems for us lot to use and then see how many staff could be spared. Not just taking out the axe.

But that would require thought, planning and good execution. Not something this government seem interested in. (Although Priti might like the idea of executions).

Sadly, in my lifetime, I don’t recall a single Government which has been capable of effective and efficient change. Local Government is no better, perhaps, if it is possible, even worse.

Last edited:
Top Bottom