The Flag Wavers And Anthem Singers Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Have you spotted examples of flag shagging masquerading as political policy?
This is the thread in which to share them.

Here’s one to start off. My MP, Chris Philip.

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/p...ational-anthem-more-proclaims-tory-mp-307314/

Quite right! 🇬🇧

View: https://youtu.be/WwsQ_5Wm4oo

Did the flag thing become more of a 'thing' with Brexit do you think ? To be honest I'm not really bothered either way.Draping yourself in the Union Jack or the Euro flag seemed odd !
I'm pretty sure they still play the national anthem at the local conservative club at the end of the evening lol.But I'd have to ask my old man to clarify that ! He'd drink anywhere if it was cheap enough :rolleyes:
Absolutely part of the 'Brexit Thing' and very much part of the Boris agenda....

D

Deleted member 28

Did the flag thing become more of a 'thing' with Brexit do you think ? To be honest I'm not really bothered either way.Draping yourself in the Union Jack or the Euro flag seemed odd !
I'm pretty sure they still play the national anthem at the local conservative club at the end of the evening lol.But I'd have to ask my old man to clarify that ! He'd drink anywhere if it was cheap enough :rolleyes:
Surely you can't blame Brexit for this as well?

Every major football tournament see's 'the flags' come out and this was happening long before Brexit.

I loved the year we had a Jubilee and a big tournament

D

Deleted member 49

Surely you can't blame Brexit for this as well?

Every major football tournament see's 'the flags' come out and this was happening long before Brexit.

I loved the year we had a Jubilee and a big tournament
You could be right,I'm not sure I take that much notice to be honest.But there's definately a new found love of flags since Brexit.
All that standing on front of a flag from Johnson/Starmer...I couldn't give a feck to be honest.
Patriotism lol.

D

Deleted member 49

Of course you don't.:rolleyes:
What of flags ? I'm not sure I ever bothered that much.It did seem odd the whole flag thing at Westminster with the Brexit thing though.
The only other time seems to be football or royal occasions.

Salty seadog

Attachments

• Banksy_flag_waving.jpg
    Banksy_flag_waving.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 11

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
As I said,so theres a hightened flag fetish since Brexit :rolleyes:

I would agree, wrt to the Government, but, wrt the population at large, I cannot say I have noticed that. IMHO the only flag fetishists in the UK (in my lifetime), have been the Scots, Welsh and Irish, plus (outside of UK) Eire.

Before retirement I worked in several countries, the only two in which I noticed, what I considered, “excessive” flag usage were USA and Mexico.

Top Bottom