The Flag Wavers And Anthem Singers Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Squire
View attachment 564
I wonder if any of the current Labour front bench will be there 🙄

Looked like a reasonable turn out today..

I got caught up last minute in helping some people move some heavy stuff they'd been storing here .

A shame cos I had a sign all ready n all..🙄

But fair play, and well done to everyone who turned out.

🙏🏼💜💚❤️🙏🏼

D

Deleted member 49

Partner was in Manchester,she said there was a big enough turn out.

View: https://twitter.com/MENnewsdesk/status/1482371081721757696?t=u8eDaPQVOdzJxN3DDslTqQ&s=19

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Wnackers! Another good reason not to watch GBN IMO.
There's still the National Anthem at the end of R4 when it hands over to the World Service at night. It's not gone from the airwaves on a daily basis at the BBC.
Does that mark the closing of R4 or the opening of the World Service?

I can understand it for the latter.

Mugshot

Über Member

Mugshot

Über Member
Well done Gary :okay:

View: https://twitter.com/richardthom1983/status/1483114659649626116?s=20

BTW, apologies for the autocorrect in my post.

Gary deleted his tweet, after getting completely ratioed, but there's always a screenshot.

Just saying...
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...d-patriotism-to-win-voters-trust-leak-reveals
Yea I know it's old bit how many times has Starmer mentioned the word Patriotism lately !
Like it or not, may voters believe the left and us libtards as being unpatriotic, and I would suggest that most voters in the UK tend towards valuing patriotic themes. If Labour are to win-over these voters it helps to demonstrate some patriotism - at least a belief in the best of our nation and institutions - this is not the same as jingoism and spitfires, but it is about the NHS/BBC/Rights/Fairness/Equality/Progressiveness etc.
Remember - you need to get voted into government to wield any power....

D

Deleted member 49

Like it or not, may voters believe the left and us libtards as being unpatriotic, and I would suggest that most voters in the UK tend towards valuing patriotic themes. If Labour are to win-over these voters it helps to demonstrate some patriotism - at least a belief in the best of our nation and institutions - this is not the same as jingoism and spitfires, but it is about the NHS/BBC/Rights/Fairness/Equality/Progressiveness etc.
Remember - you need to get voted into government to wield any power....
Lol....it's delusional to think he's going to gain those soft Tory voters by standing in front of flags ! Soon as they change leader they'll be back.
But if it's what you want so be it...🙄

Lol....it's delusional to think he's going to gain those soft Tory voters by standing in front of flags ! Soon as they change leader they'll be back.
But if it's what you want so be it...🙄
What's delusional is not accepting that you have to have several popular points of contact with the electorate. If you've not noticed there's a cultural war going in out there and one of the major pillars is patriotism.
Ignore it at your peril....

D

Deleted member 49

What's delusional is not accepting that you have to have several popular points of contact with the electorate. If you've not noticed there's a cultural war going in out there and one of the major pillars is patriotism.
Ignore it at your peril....
Yea I get your point....whoever has the biggest flag ?
I prefer patriotism in things like protecting the NHS
Instead of banging on about how great our Monarchy is why not offer some real policies that deal with the problems and inequalities of our country...increase sick pay,heating bills/utilities,living wage etc...all the things they actually matter.

Top Bottom