The Flag Wavers And Anthem Singers Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Über Member
Yea I get your point....whoever has the biggest flag ?
I prefer patriotism in things like protecting the NHS
Instead of banging on about how great our Monarchy is why not offer some real policies that deal with the problems and inequalities of our country...increase sick pay,heating bills/utilities,living wage etc...all the things they actually matter.
Yup, there's a battle to be fought over the meaning of patriotism. I reckon a ''true'' patriot has to have things to be proud of, and a cared for NHS would be one of those things. A ''true'' patriot might fight for a less unequal country and be proud of battles won. And a ''true'' patriot would feel deep shame at the conduct of the Prime Minister and his ministers.

D

Deleted member 49

Yup, there's a battle to be fought over the meaning of patriotism. I reckon a ''true'' patriot has to have things to be proud of, and a cared for NHS would be one of those things. A ''true'' patriot might fight for a less unequal country and be proud of battles won. And a ''true'' patriot would feel deep shame at the conduct of the Prime Minister and his ministers.
As in the last Labour leader or the current one ?

farfromtheland

Regular AND Goofy
"The people is a very heterogeneous and confused mass of the wealthy and the poor, the wise and the foolish, the good and the bad. Before we confer on a man, who caresses the people, the title of patriot, we must examine to what part of the people he directs his notice."

Samuel Johnson

Yea I get your point....whoever has the biggest flag ?
I prefer patriotism in things like protecting the NHS
Instead of banging on about how great our Monarchy is why not offer some real policies that deal with the problems and inequalities of our country...increase sick pay,heating bills/utilities,living wage etc...all the things they actually matter.
Agreed.

Cirrus

Labour had their chance to make him Leader instead of Corbyn but blew it.
Unlike Emenem, he had two chances and blew it...

Top Bottom