The NACA Music, Art & General Creativity Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have started to learn the Tenor part of Bach's Christmas Oratorio in time for Christmas as it happens....
45 years since I last sang in a choir. Last night rehearsal was a rude awakening!

Ian H

Guru
Willfully ignoring politics.
1666384385483-3ce573d5-9467-4d7a-b9f9-8ae5acd51ab5_.jpg

fozy tornip

fozympotent
I was thinking more that recent polls would put the Labour roundel at the top.
Wilfully ignoring politics my arse!

Last edited:
Your voice has broken?

Funny you should ask....
After 2 rehearsals, I've had to drop from Tenor to Bass!
Sadly, the choir has 3 Tenors and about 10 Basses....

• Laugh
Reactions: C R

Ian H

Guru
Funny you should ask....

Old friend of mine sings tenor in a couple of choirs. She gets a certain amount of push-back from the more sclerotic male members.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Not exactly hard is it……just call you Mr, would fark you right up

Today, in things you're utterly wrong about...

Call me Mr. Call me Mrs, if you'd prefer. Or they, or them, I really don't mind.

You're the one who gets upset about words. You are an incredibly sensitive soul.

Last edited:

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
Funny you should ask....

You'll be fine for doing It'll be lonely this Christmas a cappella!

I play in a small brass ensemble. Euphonium

1666474670669.png
which can be either tenor or bass, but in my case bass (quality people do the bass). 4 valve instrument which means you can go down to C two octaves below middle C (actually lower, but it starts sounding a bit like a fog horn). Unfortunately there is no tuba for a real deep bass sound, which I did play in England an eternity ago. I was the only bass for quite a while, and used to hope I would not keel over due to lack of oxygen. Two players for each part is enough and we rarely have more than 10 or 11 if everyone is there. Attendence hasn't quite recovered from Covid.

You can if you have to do without alto or tenor if not enough turn up, but I would think in a choir you need all four parts. Pity the tenors are under-represented. At least if you are singing you don't have to transpose - I had to learn to play everything a tone up. If the key is F, play G. Does for your brain if some idiot puts a load of naturals, flats and sharps in the middle of a piece! It's now more or less automatic, but I still get caught out occasionally.

Our largest audience was over 16 000. A German military cemetry in Northern France!

Top Bottom