The next General Election....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Guru
For the love of god and nation, Sunak, can't you and your cronies just fruck off ASAP?
Another 9 to 11 months of lame-duck politics and protracted phoney election campaign is of course just what this country needs....
Spineless, useless twat.

12.39 GMT

Sunak says his 'working assumption' is that the general election will take place in second half of 2024​

Rishi Sunak has said he expects the general election to take place in the second half of this year. Speaking to broadcasters on a visit to a youth centre in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, he said:

My working assumption is we’ll have a general election in the second half of this year and in the meantime I’ve got lots that I want to get on with.
Asked if he could rule out a May election, Sunak repeated it was his “working assumption” that the vote will be held later in the year. He said:

I want to keep going, managing the economy well and cutting people’s taxes. But I also want to keep tackling illegal migration.
So, I’ve got lots to get on with and I’m determined to keep delivering for the British people.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Project Hope. Wow. An inspirational load of guff.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
For the love of god and nation, Sunak, can't you and your cronies just fruck off ASAP?
Another 9 to 11 months of lame-duck politics and protracted phoney election campaign is of course just what this country needs....
Spineless, useless twat.

12.39 GMT

Sunak says his 'working assumption' is that the general election will take place in second half of 2024​

Rishi Sunak has said he expects the general election to take place in the second half of this year. Speaking to broadcasters on a visit to a youth centre in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, he said:

Asked if he could rule out a May election, Sunak repeated it was his “working assumption” that the vote will be held later in the year. He said:

If the choice is between two lame ducks, does delay matter?

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
If you listen hard, you can actually hear Police Scotland groaning en masse as they realise they have to drag out Operation Branchform for another 6-12 months.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
If you listen hard, you can actually hear Police Scotland groaning en masse as they realise they have to drag out Operation Branchform for another 6-12 months.

I think I know where this one goes. F*ck all happens because the SNP did nowt wrong, Westminster sh!tes it at the prospect of losing Scotland, a nation fed up of being shafted by southern English tw*ts, meanwhile the Tories accrue all they can before getting humped off Tory 2.0 in the next general election.

This is obviously a generalisation, but I don't think I'm far wrong.

Xipe Totec

I think I know where this one goes. F*ck all happens because the SNP did nowt wrong, Westminster sh!tes it at the prospect of losing Scotland, a nation fed up of being shafted by southern English tw*ts, meanwhile the Tories accrue all they can before getting humped off Tory 2.0 in the next general election.

This is obviously a generalisation, but I don't think I'm far wrong.

I think the SNP are going to get utterly stuffed. They may have done nothing wrong (apart from being stupid & supine) but the relentless attacks & toxification from MSM & opposition parties will Corbynise them to the extent that people go - "I don't want to vote Labour - but I can't vote for THEM". I'm pretty confident most SNP voters aren't highly engaged pro-indy activists, Starmer's ButI'mNotTheTories schtick will be good enough, so that'll be the independence movement in the bin again for decades.

And you're right - Starmer will be a one-term miracle of underachieving dismalness, fiddling around the edges of the ToryScape he inherits, pulling a sad face & tearfully bleating "fiscal ruuuules" as he changes absolutely jack sh!t for anyone who's not a lobbyist or donor.

Then it'll be New And Exciting Tories again, painting their own mess as Starmer's becauses he will have fixed nothing and promising shiny, fresh hate, bigotry and sovereignty, triumphantly reducing Labour to a relative handful of seats - mostly in Scotland where the only Tories we'll grudgingly vote for are the Red Ones.

And then follows at least a decade of Tory government, worse than anything we've seen before and under which a significant proportion of us - definitely me - will draw our dying breath.

Oh yeah - happy New Year, you bunch of cünts. 😘

bobzmyunkle

And you're right - Starmer will be a one-term miracle of underachieving dismalness, fiddling around the edges of the ToryScape he inherits, pulling a sad face & tearfully bleating "fiscal ruuuules" as he changes absolutely jack sh!t for anyone who's not a lobbyist or donor.

Then it'll be New And Exciting Tories again, painting their own mess as Starmer's becauses he will have fixed nothing and promising shiny, fresh hate, bigotry and sovereignty, triumphantly reducing Labour to a relative handful of seats - mostly in Scotland where the only Tories we'll grudgingly vote for are the Red Ones.

And then follows at least a decade of Tory government, worse than anything we've seen before and under which a significant proportion of us - definitely me - will draw our dying breath.
I'd like to disagree, but I can't.
Project Hope indeed.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
@Xipe Totec you've put that beautifully.

The only thing I disagree with you on is that the SNP are stuffed. I could be wrong, but I'd like to think that Scottish voters are intelligent enough to see past Labour's bullsh!t and keep a party with the nation's own interests at heart.

Maybe I'm being idealistic, but I'd hope that saying "Jim Murphy, aye?", or "Remember when those wanks told you to vote Tory to keep the SNP out?" would be enough to tell Labour to come back when they've got something actually worthwhile.

Xipe Totec

Hope you're right @AndyRM - I am aware I have a tendency to stave off inevitable & crippling disappontment by embracing black, crushing nihilism, but the change in Corbyn's fortunes between 2017 & 2019 feel like an object lesson. There's also the growing complication of the Indy Splitter parties taking SNP votes and gifting seats to Starmer's drones. And if the SNP do look threatening, as you say Labour have previous for exhorting their base to vote Blue Fash.

Last edited:
Top Bottom