The Other PLace.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
User Arrowroot started a thread in the Cafe over the road about inconsistencies in life sentences for murder.

It wasn't remotely party political and asked some interesting questions.

Hopefully the OP might bring it over here.

swansonj

Regular
You said in the other place:
This was not a political thread and it's nonesense on stilts to suggest it was.
I'm afraid I respectfully disagree. About the second or third post had Drago throwing in a typical bloke-at-the-pub it's-just-common-sense remark about how the entire legal system protected everyone except the victim. What is that if not political?

OP
OP
Bromptonaut

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man
You said in the other place:

I'm afraid I respectfully disagree. About the second or third post had Drago throwing in a typical bloke-at-the-pub it's-just-common-sense remark about how the entire legal system protected everyone except the victim. What is that if not political?

Drago is an ex-Copper and his views were predictable. Unfortunately, since the thread has been removed and not just locked his post is no longer visible. My recollection is that the ex copper stuff was a final para in an otherwise informative post.

I contemplated challenging him but decided it would divert the the thread away from the OP's legitimate question.

Why don’t threads over yonder that go ‘all plitikal’ simply get moved over here rather than closed over there?

Reactions: mjr

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Why don’t threads over yonder that go ‘all plitikal’ simply get moved over here rather than closed over there?

In addition to (possible) software issues as mentioned by @Beebo , not all members "over there" have a membership here, so, could not follow the thread, and, having a thread with posts from posters with no ID here, may be a problem?

D

Deleted member 28

Cos I doubt the Mods are that interested, very few can be bothered with this section and can't be arsed opening a thread on here.

I like to keep an eye on you lot from time to time and when you get too comfortable with blowing smoke up each other's arses I like to chip in with a bit of reality.

Last edited by a moderator:

Archie_tect

Reality is an illusion shep.

mudsticks

Squire
…or could be a hoot!

Could we ascribe these wraith like posts new owners and identities..??

Would we eventually have to perform exorcisms once too many of these homeless , unclaimed 'opinions' were drifting about, unable to find rest in the bosoms of their true progenitors...

It could all get a bit awkward :shy:

mjr

In addition to (possible) software issues as mentioned by @Beebo , not all members "over there" have a membership here, so, could not follow the thread, and, having a thread with posts from posters with no ID here, may be a problem?
Copy and paste would still work.

But I feel the mods over there don't want to be proved wrong by having this place survive, so they won't help, and they'll hinder by allowing less flamey NACA topics in the cafe there.

Top Bottom