The pointless argument and abuse thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
These days they are the epitome of the ageing, corporate American millionaire rawk band but 35-odd years ago, they were the spearhead of a generation of bands that revolutionised & redefined the metal genre. Arguably they've not done anything worth a damn in 30 years, but their first four albums were incendiary.

Unless you're saying that 'cos you don't like metal, in which case there's no help for you... :tongue:

They've always just left me cold. No groove, no soul to them. No doubt they influenced a lot of bands I do like but I can't get on with them. Whatever that indefinable thing is that good bands have, they don't have it for me.

Mind you, my wife likes them a lot and one of our children is (sort of) named after one of the band so I shouldn't slag them off too much. And now I've picked my guitar up again after twenty years I am trying to perfect the rhythm part to Enter Sandman, but that's as an exercise really.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
You thick, illiterate, inbread, sheep shagging, seedless woolyback.

How's that for a start?

You describe your wife so affectionately……..

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
I wish you would stop sitting on the fence Shep. Come out and say what you really mean. 😂

Funny isnt it, thats worse than what i said to you, but you like what he said.

Nothing stranger than folk….

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
They've always just left me cold. No groove, no soul to them. No doubt they influenced a lot of bands I do like but I can't get on with them. Whatever that indefinable thing is that good bands have, they don't have it for me.

Mind you, my wife likes them a lot and one of our children is (sort of) named after one of the band so I shouldn't slag them off too much. And now I've picked my guitar up again after twenty years I am trying to perfect the rhythm part to Enter Sandman, but that's as an exercise really.

Ha. My wife was playing Master of Puppets to the 7yo and I said that was fine because they're a great sort of kiddy friendly metal. So she accused me of listening to 'bands that wish they were Metallica but aren't as good.' I took exception to that.

I was listening to Pantera.

Top Bottom