The whiff is growing- £2k worth of football tickets for Mr Starmer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icowden

Legendary Member
And the evidence for this is? That is evidence

It's here:-
Stone’s report said that in October she received a letter of complaint about Johnson’s weekly column in the Daily Telegraph, for which he is paid nearly £23,000 a month and which he resumed after quitting the cabinet in July, saying this did not seem to have been properly registered.

As a result of someone writing to her to complain that Boris was not declaring his Telegraph income he was investigated.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Well yes, but what’s your point?

The point is that Spen likes to play at being in court.

spen666

It's here:-

As a result of someone writing to her to complain that Boris was not declaring his Telegraph income he was investigated.

No, that is not evidence relating to the intent of anyone.

Like I said, where is the EVIDENCE, of intent.

spen666

Well yes, but what’s your point? In everyday life we make judgements about seriousness, intent and track record, don’t we?

I would have thought my point was very clear, for anyone to understand

If both made late declarations, then both are guilty of the same offence.

It doesn't need a genius to understand that

FishFright

In further news a member of the shadow cabinet had , reportedly, his shoe laces undone once.

Throwing you a bone there "Craig"

spen666

I believe I understand your words and have said so. Your point remains elusive. Would you mind explaining it?

My point is that if both people have made late declaration, then both have committed the offence.

It's really very simple to understand.

If you don't understand this then it says more about your comprehension of English than anything else.

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
My point is THEY'RE ALL EXACTLY THE SAME BUT YOURS ARE WORSE!!! GOTCHA GOTCHA GOTCHA GOTCHA!!!

If you don't understand this then it says more about your comprehension of English than anything else.
FTFY.

My point is that if both people have made late declaration, then both have committed the offence.

It's really very simple to understand.

On my reading Johnson's offending goes beyond late declaration and into territory where outright failure until 'rumbled' and possible reluctance to disclose in full even then might be 'charged'.

In my own previous work I was a Civil Servant. As such I was expected to declare gifts and hospitality.

A month late declaring a box of biscuits is one thing; minor reprimand.

Accepting bottles of Malt Whisky and only 'remembering' to declare them when evidence reached my boss's ears; written warning if I'm lucky.

icowden

Legendary Member
No, that is not evidence relating to the intent of anyone.
Yes it is.

It is clear evidence of the Prime Minister failing to declare his interests. Something that he *knows* that he is bound to do, and which would have been made very clear to him when he became an MP. As Prime Minister his standards should be even higher. But, as a confirmed liar and evader of course he ignored what was required. So it needed other people to report him, and when investigated it was found that he had committed multiple breeches.

This is very different to someone who makes an inadvertent error and adds something late. In fact:-

• Boris Johnson ordered to apologise after failing to declare over £50,000 in earnings to parliament.
  • The Parliamentary Commissioner for Standards finds that the errors were not inadvertent.
  • Johnson failed on nine occasions to make declarations within the rules.
  • The revelation is embarrassing as allies of Johnson prepare to back him in a potential leadership challenge against Theresa May.

"The number of late registrations suggested a lack of attention to the House’s requirements, rather than inadvertent error. In light of that, this matter could not be concluded by way of the rectification procedure," they said.

They added: "Although Mr Johnson has told me that the late registrations were 'inadvertent', the fact that the late registrations had happened on four separate occasions and involved nine payments, suggests a lack of attention to, or regard for, the House’s requirements rather than oversight or inadvertent error."
It's almost as if Boris has a casual disregard for rules and feels that they don't apply to him. I'm sure there are other examples of him behaving like this, whether it is partying during lock down, conspiring to beat up a journalist or burning money in front of homeless people.

qigong chimp

Settler of gobby hash.
Unlike the rest of you?

No-one gives a sh*t about what any of us think but it's a good way to make ourselves think what we say matters.

1655561278350.png

spen666

...remains opaque.

Here's a whale and here's an elephant. I agree that they are both grey, both mammals, but I don't know why you are telling me that. What is the deeper meaning you are trying to illustrate?

Not sure what your problem is.

I have made a very simple point. If you can't understand it, then it says more about you than anything else.

The point could not be simpler...if both made late declarations then both gave committed the offence.

It really is that simple.

No idea why you are struggling to comprehend that

Top Bottom