Therese Coughy....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

D

Deleted member 121

So, how are you going to improve the country young skins?

So, Uh uhhhh uhhhh we believe in lower taxes for the workers, saving them 20p a week but in which makes us richer and trickles piss down on to you to keep you warm.

What about public services?

Uh, uhhhh uhhhh we believe in cutting services because this will improve the service of whatever is left and will uh uhh uhhhh increase private investment, giving you choice and uh uhhh driving down prices.

What about the NHS?

Uh, Pain is uh uhh temporary and if you uhhhh think of a nice place, the pain will disappear and the NHS will uhhh save 40 Billion a year in pain killerers. Also, Uh, a surgeons scalpel is soo um sharp that you don't feel it when uhh they cut out parts. We also uh support the return of Lobotomy for uh unruly scoundrels and uhh repeat offenders.

Tory HQ, YOU'RE IN! Lobotomy?! You're very very in!!

31A61312-0496-41B3-B36D-854FDF78D586.jpeg

https://archive.ph/2023.04.07-12264...t-harder-for-claimants-to-find-work-0wfjvj3db

AndyRM

Elder Goth
"discuss work opportunities" - that's a f*cking laugh.

Every time I've had a UC appointment I've asked my "Work Coach" if she's seen anything I haven't, or if there are any job fairs coming up that I've not heard about.

Twice she's come up with something.

Once, she sent me on some course thing which "All but guaranteed me a telephony job" at the end of it. Only it was in town and lasted 3 days, meaning I needed £20 for travel, which doesn't sound like a lot but when you're living on £330 a month, really is. Fortunately they gave me a pre-paid travel pass for that.

The second occasion was a job fair over at the MetroCentre in Gateshead, all public sector admin roles which wouldn't have been a problem. Only I live in North Shields, and for funding purposes they were only hiring people who live in the Gateshead borough, so that was a total waste of time.

I was discussing the UC system with my girlfriend the other night and she said that they're useless in the main, which I cannot disagree with, though I did have a good relationship with mine, despite my criticisms.

The sanction thing is a joke too, there have been times when I've been away from home and not able to attend, but have put a note in my UC journal saying I'd be happy to have a phone call, but they won't do it. I have no idea why.

I was also refused entry into the Job Centre once because I'd tripped on the kerb, fallen, which the security guard saw and decided I was drunk.

D

Deleted member 49

"discuss work opportunities" - that's a f*cking laugh.

Every time I've had a UC appointment I've asked my "Work Coach" if she's seen anything I haven't, or if there are any job fairs coming up that I've not heard about.

Twice she's come up with something.

Once, she sent me on some course thing which "All but guaranteed me a telephony job" at the end of it. Only it was in town and lasted 3 days, meaning I needed £20 for travel, which doesn't sound like a lot but when you're living on £330 a month, really is. Fortunately they gave me a pre-paid travel pass for that.

The second occasion was a job fair over at the MetroCentre in Gateshead, all public sector admin roles which wouldn't have been a problem. Only I live in North Shields, and for funding purposes they were only hiring people who live in the Gateshead borough, so that was a total waste of time.

I was discussing the UC system with my girlfriend the other night and she said that they're useless in the main, which I cannot disagree with, though I did have a good relationship with mine, despite my criticisms.

The sanction thing is a joke too, there have been times when I've been away from home and not able to attend, but have put a note in my UC journal saying I'd be happy to have a phone call, but they won't do it. I have no idea why.

I was also refused entry into the Job Centre once because I'd tripped on the kerb, fallen, which the security guard saw and decided I was drunk.
No luck on the job search then ?

theclaud

Reading around the chip
No luck on the job search then ?

Nope. I've had some useful feedback, but nothing yet.

Looks like there could be a Chief Tech Correspondent at the BBC job going...

Top Bottom