Twitter under Musk....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I heard that he sacked 90% of his team in India leaving just 11 workers to moderate the billion populations tweets.
I always suspected he is even mire going into auto moderate mode, keyword phrases flagging most deletes.

Unfortunately that will lead to more problems on top if his so far seen right bias. Apple is certainly attempting a halt on one direction that the right encompasses.
Explain how like @AuroraSaab wrote above, the top three child abuse material hashtags all have been eliminated?(which twitters former management failed to do so, but hey no Trump so the left lot was happy right? )
Could it be that it is effective just not for the opinions you like to see silenced? Sounds a lot like it.

albion

Veteran
https://www.wired.com/story/twitter-child-sexual-abuse-material/
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-63796832

But like I said, he will likely go or have gone to an auto cull method. That can have an immediate effect on the surface.
I suppose it could be a plan to say 'pay $8 a month or else you are a paedo'.

Last edited:

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
The fact that, according to that the report, Japan and Pacific Asia only had 5 child abuse moderators to begin with suggests they weren't exactly taking it very seriously before Musk either.

Moving to auto cull based on key words to remove child sexual abuse content seems such an obvious procedure that you wonder why Twitter wasn't doing it already. He's made it much easier to report child abuse material too. Why didn't Twitter do this earlier? It's hardly 'on the surface' if it's already removing hundreds of accounts that post images of abuse.

Of course it remains to be seen what Twitter under Musk will be like long term. It might be a terrible free for all, it might not.

There's been a suggestion that he intends to publish the documents showing the previous moderation policies at Twitter, so hopefully we'll find out what their priorities were. It certainly wasn't removing child sexual abuse material.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
The same Elon Musk who thinks it's a jolly jape to call someone a paedophile just because they pointed out how silly one of his ideas was? Yeah sure, I totally trust him to sort out actual paedophilia*.

*Edit: Should have written 'child sexual abuse'. There is a distinction.

Last edited:

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
The same Elon Musk who thinks it's a jolly jape to call someone a paedophile just because they pointed out how silly one of his ideas was? Yeah sure, I totally trust him to sort out actual paedophilia*.

*Edit: Should have written 'child sexual abuse'. There is a distinction.

He isn't attempting to 'sort out paedophilia'. He's said he is making removing child sexual abuse material from Twitter a priority. Regardless of his personality, regardless of his ethics in other areas, surely we should all support his effort to attempt to do something about it.

As for trusting him, Musk has done more to rid Twitter of cse material in weeks than the previous bosses did in a decade. So yeah, I trust him on this issue more than I trust the people who were dealing with it before.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
It's not really the NACA Way to acknowledge good deeds by Bad People.

It's not a case of not acknowledging it, I just don't trust or believe him. If there's less child abuse material on twitter now, great, although I have no idea if that's the case. But I'm not taking the word of a delusional narcissistic billionaire.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
If the 3 main hashtags used to denote Twitter cse material have been cleared out altogether, as campaigners have said, then that's just a fact, and verifiable, it's not Musk simply saying it.

Hopefully they will eventually get round to closing every account with MAP (ie minor attracted person) in the profile.

D

Deleted member 49

Yes, but they tend to retire while the going is good.
UK 177 billionaires..sixth richest economy.
Over 3000 food banks.
As I said I'm not sure there's any such thing as a good billionaire.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
UK 177 billionaires..sixth richest economy.
Over 3000 food banks.
As I said I'm not sure there's any such thing as a good billionaire.

I thought we were 5th, on GDP, but, on GDP/per capita (arguably more meaningful) then we slip to around 30th place.

D

Deleted member 49

I thought we were 5th, on GDP, but, on GDP/per capita (arguably more meaningful) then we slip to around 30th place.
It's largely irrelevant to 99% of the population anyway.Be more interesting to see where we are on the "unequal" top ten?

Top Bottom