UK set to criminalise illicit refugee crossings....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
Isn't it already an offence to enter the UK illegally? Just like it's an offence to overstay your visa. The off-shore processing idea is a non starter; it makes no economic sense. The money would be better spent speeding up the process and dealing with the back log of asylum claims.

fozy tornip

fozympotent
Just admit it, all you people want is an echo chamber of anti government, left wing, wokey views so you can all sit back knocking one out over being 'right '
Damn you shep.

I was just knocking one out over my Greta Thunberg fanzine centre-fold, and about to finish onto one of the England flags I bought as a dirt-cheap job lot when we lost in the last kickball tourney - was thinking workshop rags or conti-pads for the ageing Bedlington terrier, but their absorbency means they work as well for woke jizz I've found - but it's like you're in my house, watching and judging and smelling of mild, so I've gone right off the boil.

At my age opportunity doesn't knock so often, and thanks to you it's another evening of non-dairy fair trade cocoa listening to an Owen Jones podcast and agreeing with stuff.

D

Deleted member 28

Damn you shep.

I was just knocking one out over my Greta Thunberg fanzine centre-fold, and about to finish onto one of the England flags I bought as a dirt-cheap job lot when we lost in the last kickball tourney - was thinking workshop rags or conti-pads for the ageing Bedlington terrier, but their absorbency means they work as well for woke jizz I've found - but it's like you're in my house, watching and judging and smelling of mild, so I've gone right off the boil.

At my age opportunity doesn't knock so often, and thanks to you it's another evening of non-dairy fair trade cocoa listening to an Owen Jones podcast and agreeing with stuff.
Good answer, it made I larf did that.

mudsticks

Squire
Read that again. I still cannot see where @newfhouse accused you of trolling.
Maybe I'm a bit slow but it seemed to point out that you have more than once admitted to posting here as a wind up merchant.

So are you in fact having a pop at yourself?
Kinda weird isn't it.

Randomly throws insults around at people, as if its a tough look.

Readily admits he's only here for the wind up - the very definition of trolling.

States he's not interested in anything that anyone else says.

And then whines that no one wants to engage.

Well why would anyone want to bother engaging with any of that??

mudsticks

Squire
Damn you shep.

TMI

This is exactly the kind of degenerate woke lefty liberalism that legitimised Putin's invasion of Ukraine -

'pparently :wacko:

D

Deleted member 28

Do you remember writing that you only post here for a wind up? Were you being truthful or not? For what it's worth, I believed you.
Wind up or debate?

You think one thing, I think another.

As pointed out people have mentioned that there's not many alternative views on here, do you not ask yourselves why?

It's OK to have a different view as long as you either keep it to yourself or change it to what yours are once you've been 'put right '.

Why do you think there are so few regular posters on here?

D

Deleted member 28

Read that again. I still cannot see where @newfhouse accused you of trolling.
Maybe I'm a bit slow but it seemed to point out that you have more than once admitted to posting here as a wind up merchant.

So are you in fact having a pop at yourself?
So no one on here has ever accused me of trolling?

Wind up or debate?
It is literally what you said. Your words, not mine.

D

Deleted member 28

It is literally what you said. Your words, not mine.
They were, perhaps I should have used a different phraseology but the outcome is still the same.

You think one thing, I think another so I'll point it out and see what you have to say about it.

D

Deleted member 28

Randomly throws insults around at people, as if its a tough look.

Readily admits he's only here for the wind up - the very definition of trolling.

States he's not interested in anything that anyone else says.

And then whines that no one wants to engage.

Well why would anyone want to bother engaging with any of that??
Nothing tough about it, plenty on here do the same to me so ask them if they're being 'tough'.

As explained many times so you're getting boring now, winding up is the same as disagreeing/prodding someone for an answer etc.

I'm interested if they can provide a clear and concise explanation rather than the usual fluffy virtue signalling answers generally given.

Because some of you are asking for alternative views yet appear to only want the same view really?

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
NO. Not if you're seeking Asylum. But the truth doesn't fit certain narratives....

Well explained here:

"The Myth of the ‘Illegal’ Asylum Seeker | Lancaster University" https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/law/blog/the-myth-of-the-illegal-asylum-seeker

"UNHCR - Asylum in the UK" https://www.unhcr.org/uk/asylum-in-the-uk.html

I think this explains it better.

https://fullfact.org/immigration/can-refugees-enter-uk-illegally/

It is illegal to enter the UK without documentation/permission, but if you then successfully claim asylum you cannot be additionally punished for having done so.

If it's not illegal to enter the UK without permission, then it would be illegal to hold those seeking asylum in detention; it isn't. So coming to the UK to claim asylum doesn't give you a free pass re illegal entry, but it can't be held against you.

Regardless, we are in this mess because the asylum system is so woefully under funded and under staffed that it is near impossible to administer fairly or in a reasonable time frame.

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
Right then, some on this side would like more alternative views on matters yet are completely oblivious to their reactions to them so let's see how this goes.

I think it should be a criminal offence.

Those who have me on ignore won't see this and the other couple will either ignore it or accuse me of 'trolling ', make your f*cking minds up what you want!

Cue the Welsh stalker.
Well go on then - I'll ask the question that (inexplicably) it appears none of my other lefty, virtue-signalling, Wokey Dick compatriots have asked.

Why? If you 'think' it should be a criminal offence, please explain your reasoning, extrapolate the fact-based mental processes that brought you to this considered, rationally deduced conclusion. Let's hear your thinking.

I somehow don't think you will though. Will you?

D

Deleted member 28

Well go on then - I'll ask the question that (inexplicably) it appears none of my other lefty, virtue-signalling, Wokey Dick compatriots have asked.

Why? If you 'think' it should be a criminal offence, please explain your reasoning, extrapolate the fact-based mental processes that brought you to this considered, rationally deduced conclusion. Let's hear your thinking.

I somehow don't think you will though. Will you?
I don't think people should just be able to 'appear' on a beach somewhere and disappear and become a strain on our resources.

If that's not a good enough explanation then it's as good as it gets I'm afraid.

mudsticks

Squire
I don't think people should just be able to 'appear' on a beach somewhere and disappear and become a strain on our resources.

If that's not a good enough explanation then it's as good as it gets I'm afraid.
And that's exactly what you don't do , if you claim asylum.

You claim asylum, and then your claim is 'processed' through a long and laborious process, as outlined by Aurora above..

If your claim is (eventually) allowed you are given leave to stay.

And only then are you allowed to work and support yourself.

There wouldn't be nearly so much 'strain' on resources if the system was better managed.

As it is conditions in which asylum seekers are kept is not palatial - whatever your mates down the pub might say - it's pretty grim , but possibly better than the areas of conflict and persecution from which they've escaped.

Ever considered doing some research before 'forming an opinion'??

Top Bottom