Union facing strike action....from a union

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
USDAW union members, represented by the GMB, are potentially going to take strike action over a poor pay award and the reluctance to agree to home working. That would be the union then who is demanding better pay awards for its members and members not being penalised due to home working!

Now, I wonder which picket line the Labour Party front bench will support on this one?

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...me-of-its-own-staff-over-pay-and-home-working

It's not the first time unions, which are of course also employers of their own staff, have faced disputes and it won't be the least.

Curious to note the USDAW Gen Sec talking employer's language about 'ransom' or that he thinks WFH raises massive problems (I very much doubt it does).

But otherwise it's not really a story at all and I suspect @Craig the cyclist is just using it to Troll the rest of us.

OP
OP
C

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
A union calling for pay increases of around 11% for its members offering its own staff 3.5% is a non-story?

I would have thought it was a huge story as it shows that union leaders are all up for demanding huge money from other people and calling strikes, but not when they are faced with the economic reality for themselves. Indeed they feel they are being held to ransom by other union bosses!

D

Deleted member 28

A union calling for pay increases of around 11% for its members offering its own staff 3.5% is a non-story?

I would have thought it was a huge story as it shows that union leaders are all up for demanding huge money from other people and calling strikes, but not when they are faced with the economic reality for themselves. Indeed they feel they are being held to ransom by other union bosses!

Exactly, I'm in the CWU and have lost 4 days pay recently due to industrial action which I voted against.

I freely joined the union so adhere by the majority vote but also find it laughable when the very people instigating my wage loss are paying their own staff LESS than we got in the first place!

Top Bottom