WaitWhatHuh!? Part 2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
"We're really good at managing the country and at standing up for the union and Britain outside of Europe." :o)

View: https://twitter.com/i/status/1565373029315756032

These people are allowed to use scissors. :eek:

Amazing that the c**t in the hat gets to describe other people as 'undesirables'.

PaulB

Proof that conservativism causes a sort of malignant cancer of the soul.

And the ones who've caught it just aren't worth even trying to save.

I was proud that my grandson on his tenth birthday chanted out the immortal line 'fark the tories' with gusto on the Kop when we played Bournemouth last week, doing to them what we'd LOVE to do to the worthless party.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Leaving aside the obvious dickhead, most people in that video seem to have a good idea of what conservatism is, and could or should be. Even an acknowledgement of Johnson's dishonesty. So it is reassuring that a traditional idea of conservative values still exists within the party membership. I might not agree with them and wouldn't vote that way, but there is an important place in our political discourse for those opinions, they need to be presented, discussed and debated.

The problem is that this is no longer what the party leadership stands for. They're not old fashioned conservatives, they don't hold those traditional values and they're more interested in populism and retaining power by any means. So they're using the culture wars, as that man said, and espousing views more like those expressed by, as tc so eloquently put it, the c**t in the hat.

So it's kind of good news in that it shows that the Tory membership isn't entirely composed of headbanging nutjobs, but unfortunately a lot of MPs holding mainstream Tory views were purged from the parliamentary party at the last election. How to get those moderates and one nation Tories back into parliament and into leadership positions is a real challenge for the party.

Last edited:

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
And the ones who've caught it just aren't worth even trying to save.

I was proud that my grandson on his tenth birthday chanted out the immortal line 'fark the tories' with gusto on the Kop when we played Bournemouth last week, doing to them what we'd LOVE to do to the worthless party.

Leaving aside the obvious dickhead, most people in that video seem to have a good idea of what conservatism is, and could or should be. Even an acknowledgement of Johnson's dishonesty. So it is reassuring that a traditional idea of conservative values still exists within the party membership. I might not agree with them and wouldn't vote that way, but there is an important place in our political discourse for those opinions, they need to be presented, discussed and debated.

The problem is that this is no longer what the party leadership stands for. They're not old fashioned conservatives, they don't hold those traditional values and they're more interested in populism and retaining power by any means. So they're using the culture wars, as that man said, and espousing views more like those expressed by, as tc so eloquently put it, the c**t in the hat.

So it's kind of good news in that it shows that the Tory membership isn't entirely composed of headbanging nutjobs, but unfortunately a lot of MPs holding mainstream Tory views were purged from the parliamentary party at the last election. How to get those moderates and one nation Tories back into parliament and into leadership positions is a real challenge for the party.

Sadly, the divisions go deep, not even a desire for reconciliation.

Sadly, the divisions go deep, not even a desire for reconciliation.

Happy to reconcile when they stop being bastards. Will that do?

Top Bottom