War with Russia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C R

Endorsing it lol.I posted the front pages on Monday...I see a lot of anti Chinese propaganda about the west being at war with China.I think it's lazy, dangerous journalism.I mean I also posted about China brokering peace between Saudi and Iran...seems like not such a big deal... effectively ending the Yemen war ?

View: https://twitter.com/Faytuks/status/1636311276656680963?t=dyBS_A7NGS72tdbKJKEfDw&s=19

That is not good news for half the population of Yemen. For the ethnic Houthis things may well get even worse.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Endorsing it lol.I posted the front pages on Monday...I see a lot of anti Chinese propaganda about the west being at war with China.I think it's lazy, dangerous journalism.I mean I also posted about China brokering peace between Saudi and Iran...seems like not such a big deal... effectively ending the Yemen war ?

View: https://twitter.com/Faytuks/status/1636311276656680963?t=dyBS_A7NGS72tdbKJKEfDw&s=19

So are you saying that when you post the articles and tweets you do, you are neither endorsing or criticising them, just providing them for our education? Just like I am doing with this one: https://theconversation.com/saudi-i...ll-enhance-chinas-role-as-power-broker-201692

Last edited:
Reactions: C R
D

Deleted member 49

So are you saying that when you post the articles and tweets you do, you are neither endorsing or criticising them, just providing them for our education?
No you dismissed the whole article because.
Even his views about those inconvenient Uyghurs? Nothing to see here, move on.

He is a politician who has benefited financially from China for 13 years so his comments must be taken with a pinch of salt.
So should we take note of some of his criticism or shall we just take it with a pinch of salt ?

Rusty Nails

Country Member
No you dismissed the whole article because.

So should we take note of some of his criticism or shall we just take it with a pinch of salt ?

Take everything a politician with vested interests does, and especially says, with a pinch of salt, whether it fits our prejudices or not.

D

Deleted member 49

Take everything a politician with vested interests does, and especially says, with a pinch of salt, whether it fits our prejudices or not.
You keep saying that like it's some sort of get out clause....make your mind up.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
You keep saying that like it's some sort of get out clause....make your mind up.
And you keep not understanding a fairly simple concept.

I would not post anything a politician says as proof of anything, other than that they said it. Keating is no different.

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
According to the latest news feed the Poles are set to deliver 4 Mig fighters to the Ukraine. Old Soviet stock. Presumably this is no longer considered an 'escalation'.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

According to the latest news feed the Poles are set to deliver 4 Mig fighters to the Ukraine. Old Soviet stock. Presumably this is no longer considered an 'escalation'.

They will soon be burning then. Putin won’t see that pathetic move as escalation. He’s a sporting man.

The analogy between the two contested areas is that Taiwan and Ukraine are both the democratic "little guys" with large unfriendly and autocratic neighbours.

Your comment suggests you have been brainwashed regarding the Taiwan - China relationship.

Why can't people see that China invading Taiwan is as unlikely as Russia invading Ukraine, and it'll only be because the US made them do it.

I tried that when I was in trouble as a kid. "Those bigger kids made me do it". It never worked and my mum still gave me a clip around the ear.

If your analogy is anywhere near accurate, your mum should have given you a bigger beating, because you also lied - the bullies did not make you do it - you volunteered to side with one, didn't you?

China invading Taiwan? Can a country "invade" their own province? It works both ways by the way - Taiwan is part of China according to Taiwan's government and constitution.

The crux of the matter in the China / Taiwan / US relationship is time is on China's side - the longer the status quo is maintained, the greater the balance of power will shift to China's advantage, potentially obviating war eventually - as Sun Tzu said, to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill, to subdue the opponent without fighting is.

That, is why US is rushing to "contain" China, including disturbing the status quo in Taiwan despite peace having been so kept for decades. Most around the world can see these provocations clearly. Yanks and Brits? Not so much, evidently...

Thankfully/hopefully, signs are the Taiwanese are not as stupid, and have learnt from the Ukrainians. They gave Tsai's "confront China" Party an unexpected drubbing since in local elections.

stowie

Poland (and the Baltic states) are the most hawkish in NATO over Russia. So it is more a statement of intent to other NATO members.

Slovakia have just announced they will send 13 MIG-29s.

In Slovakia's case they were grounded aircraft. Ukraine operates and maintains MIG-29s so can integrate these into their air-force very quickly.

Strange how the most hawkish states are those that have lived experience of being under Moscow control....

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
Strange how the most hawkish states are those that have lived experience of being under Moscow control....

Precisely! I might add that elements of the successor party to the old East German Communists seem to have a great deal of difficulty getting out of the mentality that big brother Russia is their protecting power.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Your comment suggests you have been brainwashed regarding the Taiwan - China relationship.

If your analogy is anywhere near accurate, your mum should have given you a bigger beating, because you also lied - the bullies did not make you do it - you volunteered to side with one, didn't you?

China invading Taiwan? Can a country "invade" their own province? It works both ways by the way - Taiwan is part of China according to Taiwan's government and constitution.

The crux of the matter in the China / Taiwan / US relationship is time is on China's side - the longer the status quo is maintained, the greater the balance of power will shift to China's advantage, potentially obviating war eventually - as Sun Tzu said, to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill, to subdue the opponent without fighting is.

That, is why US is rushing to "contain" China, including disturbing the status quo in Taiwan despite peace having been so kept for decades. Most around the world can see these provocations clearly. Yanks and Brits? Not so much, evidently...

Thankfully/hopefully, signs are the Taiwanese are not as stupid, and have learnt from the Ukrainians. They gave Tsai's "confront China" Party an unexpected drubbing since in local elections.

We've all been brainwashed except you apparently.

I am glad you agree with the principle that, like me, Ukraine was not "bullied" by the US, but made its own mind up as a result of an illegal invasion by Russia.

The history and sovereignty of Taiwan is varied and interesting and there is absolutely no doubt that its current status is disputed by PRC and Taiwan, and its constitution, and the PRC's has changed over the years. The current constitution of a state is no guarantee that it will remain so in perpetuity. There have been many examples of countries changing their constitution to independence as circumstances change...including the countries of the former USSR. I am sure that the legal status and sovereignty of Taiwan (or ROC) is disputed by people with a greater knowledge of international constitution law than you, but like every barracks room lawyer you are entitled to your opinion, based as it is on your own prejudices wrt to the PRC and the US.

There is no doubt China can play the waiting game.

As far as your last paragraph is concerned that is as it should be in a democracy, with the people of Taiwan deciding on the relationship with PRC, even though the PRC does not really understand democracy.

Top Bottom