What do they want?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 28

I have to admit, my once guilty pleasure was going onto the Britain First Facebook page, before they were kicked off, and correcting their grammar.

Their reactions were priceless. :laugh:

Just about sums you up pal.

You asked what they LIKED about the country not wanted, I'd like the NHS to get more funding to reduce waiting lists, I'd like the road surfaces improved, day to day prices brought back in line would be nice too.

Good start.

Ian H

Guru
You asked what they LIKED about the country not wanted, I'd like the NHS to get more funding to reduce waiting lists, I'd like the road surfaces improved, day to day prices brought back in line would be nice too.

Funding the NHS properly (ignoring the systematic problems of contracting out, etc.) would require increased taxation. It would be good if the extra taxes weren't extracted from the less well-off. But increasing taxes and a progressive tax system are not Conservative policies.

Don't even live here but go on a forum taking the piss out of people's grammar, you do that in real life face to face?

No I would imagine.

Wanna hug? I think you need one.

Oh, and I’ve said this before, I’m a UK citizen. I’m entitled to my opinion about my home nation. We don’t stop caring the minute the plane leaves Heathrow.

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
What they like is other people who think and feel the way they do.

What they want is for people who do not think and feel the way they do to not exist. Given they can't have that legally (not yet, anyway) they content themselves with trying to annoy, upset and anger those people. Which doesn't work half as often as they'd like.

D

Deleted member 28

Wanna hug? I think you need one.

Oh, and I’ve said this before, I’m a UK citizen. I’m entitled to my opinion about my home nation. We don’t stop caring the minute the plane leaves Heathrow.

Why would I need a hug?

You asked a question and I answered it, I don't see it as caring I see it as just an opportunity to moan.

D

Deleted member 28

But increasing taxes and a progressive tax system are not Conservative policies.

Nor Labour last time round if you can be bothered looking it up so what's your point?

mudsticks

Squire
I have to admit, my once guilty pleasure was going onto the Britain First Facebook page, before they were kicked off, and correcting their grammar.

Their reactions were priceless. :laugh:
Well I know it's hard to resist. 😇

But it can take up a lot of your time..

The question's open to everyone regardless.

I like all of the things you listed at the top plus countryside, nature, community, pubs, biking, hiking, my friends and family, good food, social justice, civil liberties, and lots and lots besides..

Many of these, can be threatened by poor government, and brexit, which is why people talk, and even complain about the bad things happening here.

Just had a fabulous weekend gathering of women and non binary folk at the farm..
For much organising around food farming and feminism ...

Sheppy boy would have loved it 😁

Not so fussed about organised sport, but no problem with anyone else being keen, so long as i don't have to listen to anyone else talking about it endlessly.

Each to their own etc etc.

Left leaning political parties ( and people) want proper funding for the NHS, for local authorities ( who fix roads) and to see peoples wages keep pace with the cost of living ( that's the kind of thing unions do)

The EU used to protect this country against environmental harms ( coast and countryside) and uphold workers rights, health and safety, food quality etc etc.

Our brexiting has caused prices of everyday goods to rise - and cost businesses dear - we have had to put our prices up as a result - this is easily demonstrated

All the things you claim to want come from the left, and or centre left - and from the EU - so why on earth would you be a Tory voter, and or brexitter ..??

It makes zero sense...

D

Deleted member 28

All the things you claim to want come from the left, and or centre left - and from the EU - so why on earth would you be a Tory voter, and or brexitter ..??

It makes zero sense...

No it doesn't, the NHS can be better funded by the tax payer, me included, as can local authorities and as for food prices I'm sure it's not entirely down to Brexit but if it is then it's what I voted for so can't really complain.

It hardly makes me a left wing, tree hugging hippy does it?

Mugshot

Über Member
and as for food prices I'm sure it's not entirely down to Brexit but if it is then it's what I voted for so can't really complain.
Of course you can complain, don't you get it yet? It's not what you voted for, it's exactly the opposite of what you were promised if you voted for it, you know you were mugged off, you know who mugged you off, stop supporting them and start complaining!

D

Deleted member 28

Of course you can complain, don't you get it yet? It's not what you voted for, it's exactly the opposite of what you were promised if you voted for it, you know you were mugged off, you know who mugged you off, stop supporting them and start complaining!

I have no need to complain do I?

There's a war on which apparently doesn't help, Covid reaked havoc and lots of employers failed to understand the impact foreign workers leaving the country would have and refuse to pay decent wages.

I'm far more concerned that Wolves have failed to sign a single new player and there's only 4 weeks to go before the window closes!

mudsticks

Squire
No it doesn't, the NHS can be better funded by the tax payer, me included, as can local authorities and as for food prices I'm sure it's not entirely down to Brexit but if it is then it's what I voted for so can't really complain.

It hardly makes me a left wing, tree hugging hippy does it?

Yes indeed the NHS can indeed be better funded by the taxpayer, but the government has instead been cutting funding to services, including the NHS...

Whilst preventing and or deterring very valuable immigrant labour, who were vital to so many of those services..

The government has been feathering its own nest instead..

Anyone voting for them, and for brexit is partly responsible for business downturn, and other negative brexit effects, which also results in lower tax take, less money for services...

That is the ideaology that right wing governments promote.
Low tax, low spend.

Brexit has been responsible for higher prices, also affecting household budgets..

You might not complain, cos it doesn't affect you - or anyone you care about - yet..

I thought you said you liked the countryside??

Trees are a very valuable part of the landscape of the countryside..
Why would you not want to preserve them.

Top Bottom