What do they want?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

All uphill

Do your neighbours dislike Solicitors, Lawyers, Judges, Facts? Glastonbury and most of the other sh*t cookiemonster thinks we do?

Yes.

They seem to dislike anything that spoils their misty-eyed nostalgia.

And before you respond, I am talking about one small group of people, you very probably have different views from them.

Last edited:

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
We know what the EDL want.
We want to know what the grown ups plan is. Rather than just a return to 1970s.

Well, according to the BBC this evening, it would appear neither of the two parties likely to form a Government in the foreseeable future intend to rejoin the EU, or, re-introduce free movement. Unless of course Starmer is replaced with a "grown up".

D

Deleted member 28

Yes.

They seem to dislike anything that spoils their misty-eyed nostalgia.

And before you respond, I am talking about one small group of people, you very probably have different views from them.

I feel the same about many of the things you mention but haven't really heard a general dislike for the other examples and I do generally mix with similar right wing leaning people. For example 3 of the lads I work with voted Tory and also for Brexit yet one has 2 Daughters at University and the other 2 have both put a Son each through Uni. 2 of them have also been to Glastonbury in the past?

Perhaps I'm not Right wing enough?

D

Deleted member 28

that you actually want a meaningful answer.

Of course he doesn't, hence the term 'tool'.

D

Deleted member 28

Explain why it's a 'cop-out' to look at future tax policies. Are they not relevant?
But anyway, after the last Labour government:-
An analysis from the Institute for Fiscal Studies published in January 2015 found that households have been on average £1,127 a year worse off as a result of the coalition government’s tax and benefit decisions since May 2010 [the end of the Labour government]. Low-income households with children have lost the most as a proportion of their income, the think tank said. The calculations take account of the rise in VAT in January 2011, cuts to tax credits for working families and changes to the personal allowance.

It's a cop out because you're going on about how the Tories keep taxes low to the detriment of the country yet Labour were no better last time, in fact they reduced some levels, you happily ignore that fact and continue to moan about the current Government.

People are never happy with who's in power as its always a big compromise.

All uphill

It's a cop out because you're going on about how the Tories keep taxes low to the detriment of the country yet Labour were no better last time, in fact they reduced some levels, you happily ignore that fact and continue to moan about the current Government.

I think it's possible to distinguish between a government and PM, from any party, that is genuinely trying to improve things for most of the population, and one that is solely working for its own interests, disregarding the common good.

My view is that our current lot are transparently in the latter category, as Ifrequently tell my local (Tory) MP.

Ian H

Guru

I have literally quoted from the IFS about how the incoming, post-Blair/Brown, Tory coalition increased the tax burden, particularly on the poorest.

D

Deleted member 49

Well, according to the BBC this evening, it would appear neither of the two parties likely to form a Government in the foreseeable future intend to rejoin the EU, or, re-introduce free movement. Unless of course Starmer is replaced with a "grown up".
He seems to have finally grasped what a poisoned chalice Brexit is.....now if only he'd have thought that in the first place 🙄

slowmotion

We all know that Brexity right wing types hate the EU, foreigners, the arts and culture, diversity, inclusion, pride festival, immigrants, lawyers, judges, facts, Glastonbury, academia etc. I’m confused as to understand what they actually like about this Britain they're so patriotic about?

All I ever hear is what they want to dismantle and destroy, even though that'll do serious and long lasting damage to the UK, that they're supposed to love, remember? I never hear about what they're going to do to create a brighter, better UK, just a UK with more hatred and division.

Can anyone explain this?

Isn't "we all know" a triple guarantee that what follows is utter bollocks?

Top Bottom