What do they want?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Badger_Boom

We know what the EDL want.
We want to know what the grown ups plan is. Rather than just a return to 1970s.

That presupposes there actually are any 'grownups'. I've see little evidence for their existence (on either side).

D

Deleted member 28

Yes indeed the NHS can indeed be better funded by the taxpayer, but the government has instead been cutting funding to services, including the NHS...

Whilst preventing and or deterring very valuable immigrant labour, who were vital to so many of those services..

The government has been feathering its own nest instead..

Anyone voting for them, and for brexit is partly responsible for business downturn, and other negative brexit effects, which also results in lower tax take, less money for services...

That is the ideaology that right wing governments promote.
Low tax, low spend.

Brexit has been responsible for higher prices, also affecting household budgets..

You might not complain, cos it doesn't affect you - or anyone you care about - yet..

I thought you said you liked the countryside??

Trees are a very valuable part of the landscape of the countryside..
Why would you not want to preserve them.

Trees?

All uphill

We all know that Brexity right wing types hate the EU, foreigners, the arts and culture, diversity, inclusion, pride festival, immigrants, lawyers, judges, facts, Glastonbury, academia etc. I’m confused as to understand what they actually like about this Britain they're so patriotic about?

All I ever hear is what they want to dismantle and destroy, even though that'll do serious and long lasting damage to the UK, that they're supposed to love, remember? I never hear about what they're going to do to create a brighter, better UK, just a UK with more hatred and division.

Can anyone explain this?

Many of our older neighbours voted leave; my understanding is that they want the England of their childhood without the poverty, illness and shorter life expectancy.
An England that is a world leader while standing still.
An England where everyone looks and sounds like them.
An England where they are young again.

I understand that and have gently tried to explain that progress means change; standing still is not possible and that we are all getting older and owe it to younger people to allow them the best opportunities possible.

I don't have many friends in this neighbourhood;-)

mudsticks

Squire
D

Deleted member 28

Many of our older neighbours voted leave; my understanding is that they want the England of their childhood without the poverty, illness and shorter life expectancy.
An England that is a world leader while standing still.
An England where everyone looks and sounds like them.
An England where they are young again.

I understand that and have gently tried to explain that progress means change; standing still is not possible and that we are all getting older and owe it to younger people to allow them the best opportunities possible.

I don't have many friends in this neighbourhood;-)

Do your neighbours dislike Solicitors, Lawyers, Judges, Facts? Glastonbury and most of the other sh*t cookiemonster thinks we do?

D

Deleted member 28

Yes you know..
These things..🌳🌲🌳🌳🌲🌳🌳

You said you liked the countryside, trees are a vital part of it..
But at the same time you said you're not a 'treehugger'..

So do you want trees looked after..
Or not.

The treehuggers defended the forests against being cut down with their bodies.

They died defending them.

https://greengroundsatuva.wordpress.com/2014/03/24/tree-hugger-origins-of-the-term/

Brave people yes?

I see, yes I like tree's but not enough to live like a mole or die for one.

I'll leave that to you swampies of this world.

mudsticks

Squire
I see, yes I like tree's but not enough to live like a mole or die for one.

I'll leave that to you swampies of this world.

Okay, but you do appreciate the 'swampys' of this world who are prepared to make an effort to try and defend, and care for important things like trees right..??

Or do you still believe all that tabloid hogwash about us all being unemployed , and unwashed ner'do wells??

Fwiw Swampy just happened to have quite a pretty face, and photogenic dreadlocks, nice enough guy, and he caught the mood of the time I s'pose..

We were camped in the same trees for a while, sadly now gone...

Ian H

Guru
Nor Labour last time round if you can be bothered looking it up so what's your point?
Present and future governments are the relevant ones.

D

Deleted member 28

Okay, but you do appreciate the 'swampys' of this world who are prepared to make an effort to try and defend, and care for important things like trees right..??

Or do you still believe all that tabloid hogwash about us all being unemployed , and unwashed ner'do wells??

Fwiw Swampy just happened to have quite a pretty face, and photogenic dreadlocks, nice enough guy, and he caught the mood of the time I s'pose..

We were camped in the same trees for a while, sadly now gone...

Well done, I'm sure fighting against link roads is very commendable but I'm also pretty sure we would still have plenty of green spaces left without all your great work.

I couldn't care less whether you work, wash or anything else for that matter.

Thanks anyway.

mudsticks

Squire
Well done, I'm sure fighting against link roads is very commendable but I'm also pretty sure we would still have plenty of green spaces left without all your great work.

I couldn't care less whether you work, wash or anything else for that matter.

Thanks anyway.

I wouldn't be so absolutely sure..

A lot of what would have been very damaging, roadbuilding projects were cancelled just afterwards, once the general public mood was seen to be on our side.

Being complacent about the conservation of our ecosystems, is a very bad idea.

I don't really do so much direct action these days, just a little now and then to keep my hand in.

I let my more youthful mates do most of the in situ stuff..

I'm more political, and strategic work around climate change, examples of good use of land, sustainable farming that kind of thing..

My supposed 'middle aged respectability' makes it a bit easier to get an 'in' with the powers that be..

..generally..

D

Deleted member 28

I wouldn't be so absolutely sure..

A lot of what would have been very damaging, roadbuilding projects were cancelled just afterwards, once the general public mood was seen to be on our side.

Being complacent about the conservation of our ecosystems, is a very bad idea.

I don't really do so much direct action these days, just a little now and then to keep my hand in.

I let my more youthful mates do most of the in situ stuff..

I'm more political, and strategic work around climate change, examples of good use of land, sustainable farming that kind of thing..

My supposed 'middle aged respectability' makes it a bit easier to get an 'in' with the powers that be..

..generally..

Once again, thanks for your efforts.

Ian H

Guru
Good cop out.
Explain why it's a 'cop-out' to look at future tax policies. Are they not relevant?
But anyway, after the last Labour government:-
An analysis from the Institute for Fiscal Studies published in January 2015 found that households have been on average £1,127 a year worse off as a result of the coalition government’s tax and benefit decisions since May 2010 [the end of the Labour government]. Low-income households with children have lost the most as a proportion of their income, the think tank said. The calculations take account of the rise in VAT in January 2011, cuts to tax credits for working families and changes to the personal allowance.

Top Bottom