What Do We Think So Far?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milkfloat

I also think people are a bit intimidated about posting perhaps. Which is another reason for us not to be snarky to each other. It scares people off and it would be nice if we could widen the discussion at times.
I can imagine that this is a fairly common feeling - there is potentially a lot of members who could contribute massively but are put off due to the 'robustness' of some of the conversations with two diametrically opposed groups kicking lumps out of each other and just going over the same ground. There has been many times when I was planning to post something but decided that there is little point as barely hidden racism, name calling and abuse would just ensue.

D

Deleted member 28

I can imagine that this is a fairly common feeling - there is potentially a lot of members who could contribute massively but are put off due to the 'robustness' of some of the conversations with two diametrically opposed groups kicking lumps out of each other and just going over the same ground. There has been many times when I was planning to post something but decided that there is little point as barely hidden racism, name calling and abuse would just ensue.
You can have it Two ways really, here what you don't want to here and be happy to let opposing views be aired or just go around patting each other on the back and all agree the country is crap, the Government are rubbish and Brexit was only voted for by thick, racist bigots.

I'm sure the odd few on here who seem to disagree with the norm couldn't really care less whether they posted again or not, I wouldn't, but what would the rest of you have to talk about?

Perhaps we should try it?

I bet, for example no-one would have bought the Liverpool incident up because it's not something you lefties would like to talk about, i.e a blatant terrorist attack by someone who shouldn't be in the country.

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
Am I wrong then?
Not necessarily, but you jump to a conclusion based on your personal feelings and attitudes, and I'd suspect regardless of what any investigation uncovers, that will not change.

As a confirmed hand-wringing lefty weakling, I don't tend to think everything is as black & white as that and would expect that there were other factors which influenced this guy. There may have been red flags in his behaviour which went, for whatever reason, unnoticed, but might otherwise have avoided this. But if that turns out to be wrong, so be it.

Pale Rider

Veteran
'Visited in the last 24hrs' seems to have settled at around 50 members.

A great deal less than CC, although none of us know how many CC members visited the old NACA each day.

I reckon that level of activity will make this place sustainable, although more members and especially different posters would be welcome.

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
It would help if the mods over there directed all NACA threads to here instead of allowing them in, for example, the cafe where they're discussing Amazon v Visa and Brexit or the suitability of the new F35 fighter for its combat role.

Continuing to allow that will always dilute this forum.

Pale Rider

Veteran
It would help if the mods over there directed all NACA threads to here instead of allowing them in, for example, the cafe where they're discussing Amazon v Visa and Brexit or the suitability of the new F35 fighter for its combat role.

Spot on.

I doubt there's any rabbit away, just the usual bingo moderation.

But this place will always be held back while it's effectively denied the more interesting news and current affairs threads.

Leaving us with boring old Brexit and mostly dull as ditch water politics means we are feeding on scraps.

mudsticks

Squire

You could always start threads on those or any other topic over here though.

I'm sorry to say, I won't be jumping in on the fighter jet one .

Except of course for perhaps the rather predictable.

"Just stop spending money on, and building all these hideous killing machines"

And do something useful, or at least benign with all those resources..

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
You could always start threads on those or any other topic over here though.

Yes, but my point is that Mods over there should not be allowing them to remain active. Those discussions are, supposedly, no longer appropriate over there unless directly relating to cycling. Posters of those topics ought to be provided a link to here and the thread closed.

Milkfloat

Yes, but my point is that Mods over there should not be allowing them to remain active. Those discussions are, supposedly, no longer appropriate over there unless directly relating to cycling. Posters of those topics ought to be provided a link to here and the thread closed.
The other option is to realise that two separate forums is not really going to work as the mods will always have to play wack-a-mole and we can go back to how things were.

mudsticks

Squire

Well quite so..

If I were you I'd go in heavy , fulsomely criticise the mods and their somewhat arbitrary decision making, as to what does , and what doesn't constitute political discussion regarding current affairs...

And get some decisive action taken..

That has a really good track record** up to date..

**Or maybe it doesn't, Tbh my fuzzy little lady brain struggles to remember which is which Tbh :wacko:

But even stating that you just couldn't bring yourself, to sleep with a Tory - ( that would be current or past 'affaires' ) in a discussion around intimate relations, gets you 'bleeped' these days.

So I wish you all the very best of Glasgow luck, with that one :okay::okay::okay:

Top Bottom