Why are RWNJs so bothered by bodies?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Squire
In passing probably but I don't feel the need to go on a march or a parade celebrating the fact.
As NH said, were you ever oppressed, or even physically attacked for your sexuality, and choice of who you love ?

If you had (finally) achieved liberation from that oppression, wouldn't you want to celebrate that fact.?

If people in other communities and or countries were still oppressed for these reasons, wouldn't you want to support them.?

I'm very glad and grateful that people have fought, and sacrificed for these equal rights in the face of bigotry and prejudice.

I applaud their bravery, and mourn their suffering, and see that the struggle still continues for many.

Given all that, the occasional celebratory parade seems wholly appropriate.

Mugshot

Über Member
In passing probably but I don't feel the need to go on a march or a parade celebrating the fact.
I know right, bloody people liking things that I don't like.
I'll tell you what really gets my goat, people that celebrate having a camper van. I mean, come on, going to shows and rallies and shoot cos you've got a motorised caravan, we get it, you like to piss in a bucket, get a bathroom already!

D

Deleted member 28

I'll tell you what really gets my goat, people that celebrate having a camper van. I mean, come on, going to shows and rallies and shoot cos you've got a motorised caravan, we get it, you like to piss in a bucket, get a bathroom already!
:laugh:

Celebrate having a Campervan, priceless.

You'll be telling me next people celebrate going on a plane abroad or to watch motor racing etc.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.

Thanks for your input Jeremy ;)

Beebo

Veteran
I agree, but why is there so much desire to take control of other people’s bodies? Abortion, sexuality, transsexuality, tattoos, hair styles, skin colour. Just weird.
It’s control and conformity. Basic Social conservatism.
They would like everyone to wear the same clothes, reads the same books watches the same TV. They can handle that as they understand it.
Anyone with a tattoo is an outlier. And they don’t like outliers as they cause trouble and are a bad influence on others. They need control.

D

Deleted member 28

They would like everyone to wear the same clothes, reads the same books watches the same TV. They can handle that as they understand it.
Anyone with a tattoo is an outlier. And they don’t like outliers as they cause trouble and are a bad influence on others. They need control.
And some look complete tw*ts!
https://images.app.goo.gl/3m49M3YHUSVYar3d6

mudsticks

Squire

Tbh not having a tattoo seems fairly rare these days.

I probs know more people who do* rather than don't.

*This is more of an inkling , not hard stats tho.
:whistle:

mudsticks

Squire

There's an excellent satirical Facebook group which takes the p*ss out of the current 'all surf and sunsets' 'look at my blissful vanlife' trend..

Set up by people who've been living that way for a little while now.

The group name even references the slightly less glamorous 'defecating in a bucket' realities of life on the road..

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Is that true any more, especially (but not only) for younger people, where they seem to be almost a fashion trend?

How widespread does an open signal of non-conformity have to be before it turns into conformity?

Phillips is still a professional provocateur who will always find something to whine about.

Mugshot

Über Member
There's an excellent satirical Facebook group which takes the p*ss out of the current 'all surf and sunsets' 'look at my blissful vanlife' trend..

Set up by people who've been living that way for a little while now.

The group name even references the slightly less glamorous 'defecating in a bucket' realities of life on the road..
What's that called then?

mudsticks

Squire
Is that true any more, especially (but not only) for younger people, where they seem to be almost a fashion trend?

How widespread does an open signal of non-conformity have to be before it turns into conformity?

Phillips is still a professional provocateur who will always find something to whine about.

I have to switch off the radio if she comes on.

Not sure if you can have a 'punchable voice'..

But if it is, Mel's is definitely a candidate..

Top Bottom