Why are RWNJs so bothered by bodies?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Squire
Well it's not "shoot in bucket" but "shite in a bucket" is a thing if you're interested.

Thanks.

Being a bit of an agriculturalist, and proud owner of a compost loo, I'm aware of the many forms of containment for odure :okay:

I wouldn't quite call it an interest as such..

I'd grant you I have some slightly leftfield proclivities, but that's not a particular one of mine :whistle:

Mugshot

Über Member
Thanks.

Being a bit of an agriculturalist, and proud owner of a compost loo, I'm aware of the many forms of containment for odure :okay:

I wouldn't quite call it an interest as such..

I'd grant you I have some slightly leftfield proclivities, but that's not a particular one of mine :whistle:
Good enough for that bloke that went to Mars :okay:

slowmotion

There was a recent article in The Atlantic about fashionable baby names and people's restless quest for non-conformity. Did you know that for a hundred years from 1860, the most popular girls name in the US, for all but six years, was Mary? Here's the article......
https://www.theatlantic.com/family/archive/2022/02/most-popular-baby-names-unique/621491/
It ends with this quote:
"Trying not to be like everyone else makes you just like everyone else."

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Melanie Philips has some absolutely reprehensible views, compared to mine.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
I never read Melanie Phillips and I'm really not a fan of any body modification or tattoos. I regret having my ears pierced. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder with tattoos and body modification though, so it's up to the individual really.

There was a recent article in The Atlantic about fashionable baby names and people's restless quest for non-conformity.
It ends with this quote:
"Trying not to be like everyone else makes you just like everyone else."

Tattoo used to be edgy and rebellious, now most men in their 20's and 30's seem to have them. I know a few people who have had their ears repaired after wearing tubes in them and a couple who have started tattoo removal (very expensive). Wonder if things are moving away from all that now.

mudsticks

Squire
I never read Melanie Phillips and I'm really not a fan of any body modification or tattoos. I regret having my ears pierced. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder with tattoos and body modification though, so it's up to the individual really.

Tattoo used to be edgy and rebellious, now most men in their 20's and 30's seem to have them. I know a few people who have had their ears repaired after wearing tubes in them and a couple who have started tattoo removal (very expensive). Wonder if things are moving away from all that now.
She's often on R4 on the Moral Maze

She comes across like someones horribly smug, 'stands to reason' - 'I know better than all of you lot' Auntie Pat.

Unlistenable :sad:

Top Bottom