Will You?

Will you be swearing allegiance to Chuck the Third?

• Yes

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • No

Votes: 15 53.6%
  • I'll be swearing but not an allegiance

Votes: 10 35.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albion

Guru
Next step is to deny the vote to any refusenik.

IMG_3506.jpeg

matticus

Guru
Next step is to deny the vote to any refusenik.

As you can see from other thread, I'm somewhat concerned by this Gov behaviour towards free speech ...
... but they really don't give a stuff about the monarchy (in this respect). Anyone thinking the "Oath" will be compulsory, or that thought-police will be checking on you, is in tinfoil hat territory!

multitool

Shaman
The media that provokes clickbait outrage with partially true stories about 'people with breasts' is the media whipping up a story about this.

The only thing to be taken from this is to remember that if a story seems outrageous, and provokes a strong emotional response its probably worth digging deeper. Or ignoring.

mudsticks

Squire
Screenshot_20230504-165942.png

Cathy Wilcox in the Sydney Herald.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
This thread probably represents the most coverage I've experienced about the coronation, beyond the odd display in shops. As with all things I'm really not arsed about, it's pretty easy to ignore.

That said, I might watch it, purely out of interest to see what his tiara and various walking sticks look like.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
The papers are making a bit of a fuss but I haven't seen much in the shops. The supermarkets seem to be treating it like they do the World Cup. Loads of drink and snack food out but in terms of merch and celebratory tat, there's less out than at Halloween. Usual shameless cashing in by the big brands.

0_DB_BL_28-03-23_CADBURY_FRY_CORONATION_06.jpg

AndyRM

Elder Goth
The papers are making a bit of a fuss but I haven't seen much in the shops. The supermarkets seem to be treating it like they do the World Cup. Loads of drink and snack food out but in terms of merch and celebratory tat, there's less out than at Halloween. Usual shameless cashing in by the big brands.

View attachment 3776

Most recently I saw bears in WH Smith. And they weren't Paddington, so someone dropped the ball there.

I've seen a fair amount of tat around, but I'm pretty adept at glazing over anything with a union flag on it.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Nothing to do with “the pledge”, but, BBC news had coverage of Wills and Kate on the Tube (not sure if it was a Royal Coach), and, William pulling a pint in Soho. ;)

Top Bottom