Would you recognise Angela Rayner?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Starmer blamed it all on the upcoming elections, logic right? Someone of his party makes something up and he blames the other parties for styring up things because of the elections..

D

Deleted member 49

Starmer blamed it all on the upcoming elections, logic right? Someone of his party makes something up and he blames the other parties for styring up things because of the elections..
Now I'm no Starmer fanboy but....the police have said it’s wasnt a law breaking event.Rayner being there doesn’t change that either way ?

Now I'm no Starmer fanboy but....the police have said it’s wasnt a law breaking event.Rayner being there doesn’t change that either way ?
No but first they dig their own hole deeper by claiming she was'nt there and when they can't deny it anymore she apperently was there and then they claim it's all an election ploy to discredit them.
I mean person up and just say you made an mistake now there just adding more oil to the fire.

No but first they dig their own hole deeper by claiming she was'nt there and when they can't deny it anymore she apperently was there and then they claim it's all an election ploy to discredit them.
I mean person up and just say you made an mistake now there just adding more oil to the fire.

The facts are straightforward. Both were at the same (large) constituency office for a virtual, ie Zoom, rally for an upcoming byelection.

He, but so far as we can be sure not she, had a takeaway with a beer whilst on a break from working.

Subsequently right wing media, ie the Telegraph and Mail, started stirring that it constituted a forbidden gathering. There's not a shred of evidence for that. His office cocked up over whether Rayner was there. They have since personed up and admitted that mistake.

The whole story, right back to the original video, has been used by the right wing press and various Tory spokespeople to discredit Starmer and make him as guilty as Johnson. It's nonesense on stilts to try and dissociate that from Thursday's local elections.

OP
OP
C

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
Both were at the same (large) constituency office
The office though, I assume, was not as big as the Downing Street garden, definitely not outside, and so not socially distanced?

The 'party' in the garden was some wine and sandwiches after a work event, the 'meeting' in the office was some beer and sandwiches after a work event, and even the Labour Party are saying that Angela Rayner was in the same room so you can stop defending them on that one.

Now, tell us what the difference is, and which was most appropriate given the rules in place. Because plenty of posters on here were calling for resignations after the garden meeting, why should there not be resignations from the Labour side because of this?

D

Deleted member 49

The office though, I assume, was not as big as the Downing Street garden, definitely not outside, and so not socially distanced?

The 'party' in the garden was some wine and sandwiches after a work event, the 'meeting' in the office was some beer and sandwiches after a work event, and even the Labour Party are saying that Angela Rayner was in the same room so you can stop defending them on that one.

Now, tell us what the difference is, and which was most appropriate given the rules in place. Because plenty of posters on here were calling for resignations after the garden meeting, why should there not be resignations from the Labour side because of this?
Keep digging Craig lol....Daily Heil story 🙄
Heres Nutty Naddy giving her take.....
Screenshot_20220502-162017.png

A photo of Starmer eating exactly the same plate of food at the "Durham Party" he ate 2 years previously, and even more weird, sitting with him was late MP Frank Dobson, who died in 2019!
Please try harder .....

Has it been confirmed that Angela Rayner was at the take away/beer element? All I've seen is that she was on the premises and that they both took part in the virtual member forum. Have you a source for your assertion that Labour have admitted she was at the meal?

As to Boris There were two garden events in 15-05-20 and 20-05-20. The latter was the BYOB event. Which one are you referring to?

The Durham event was a whole year later at a time when lockdown was being eased. The police have investigated and decided no rules were broken. No such all clear has been given to either Downing Street event. Mad Nad and the Mail this morning are asserting it is for Starmer to prove he worked afterwards. Illustrated with pictures of Starmer eating. They're cut so it's not clear he was with his predecessor as MP for Holborn, Frank Dobson, who died before the pandemic

You're comparing Bananas with Elephants and simply diverting.

EDIT: @Adam4868 has trumped me over Mad Nad etc.

OP
OP
C

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
Has it been confirmed that Angela Rayner was at the take away/beer element? All I've seen is that she was on the premises and that they both took part in the virtual member forum. Have you a source for your assertion that Labour have admitted she was at the meal?
Will Keir Starmer do you? Or do you think he is part of the right wing media causing a fuss from nothing?

"Asked if the deputy leader was at the office, Sir Keir said: "Yes. We were in the office, we were working, we paused for something to eat, there was no party, no rules were broken and that is the long and short of it."
https://news.sky.com/story/angela-r...mer-at-lockdown-beers-labour-confirm-12601519

Obviously I was hoping for a Guardian link so you would believe it, but really strangely the Guardian aren't reporting the event at all!

As ever, and so often, the event probably wasn't a huge problem, but lying endlessly about it is, wouldn't you agree?

Last edited:
As ever, and so often, the event probably wasn't a huge problem, but lying endlessly about it is, wouldn't you agree?

If it was a work event then, under the rules in May 2021, it makes no difference whether AR was there or not.

No endless lying just an honest mistake for which Starmer has taken responsibility.

Now which Downing Street event are you comparing it with?

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I'm not a lefty.

When I'm at work, sometimes I say I'm in 'the lab'. In fact it's four main laboratories, with side rooms containing instruments, storage rooms and multiple office rooms over two stories. At a rough estimate it's in excess of twenty individual rooms. I say I'm in 'the lab' when I'm at my desk which is actually in an office off the main laboratory. There could be people in the actual lab and I wouldn't even know.

OP
OP
C

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
If it was a work event then, under the rules in May 2021, it makes no difference whether AR was there or not.

No endless lying just an honest mistake for which Starmer has taken responsibility.

Now which Downing Street event are you comparing it with?

So do you accept that other people could make an honest mistake?

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
I'm not a lefty.

When I'm at work, sometimes I say I'm in 'the lab'. In fact it's four main laboratories, with side rooms containing instruments, storage rooms and multiple office rooms over two stories. At a rough estimate it's in excess of twenty individual rooms. I say I'm in 'the lab' when I'm at my desk which is actually in an office off the main laboratory. There could be people in the actual lab and I wouldn't even know.

Very interesting. Are you accused of attending a "party", during lockdown?

Top Bottom