Would you recognise Angela Rayner?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Hahaha, you really don't want to see it do you?

Keir Starmer has said she was there.

There's nothing to see because you're not posting anything. And I've pointed out several times that we likely have differing interpretations of the concept of 'there'. I was at the Reading festival in 1998, that doesn't mean I shared a tent with any specific person who was also at the same event.

OP
OP
C

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
There's nothing to see because you're not posting anything. And I've pointed out several times that we likely have differing interpretations of the concept of 'there'. I was at the Reading festival in 1998, that doesn't mean I shared a tent with any specific person who was also at the same event.

When they Labour say she was in the same room, why do you keep saying she wasn't?

"After evidence was presented to Labour by the Daily Mail this week, the party admitted Ms Rayner had been in the room and apologised for an "honest mistake" over its original claim that she was not there."

Or do you think being in the same room as someone is not the same as being in the same room as someone?

winjim

When they Labour say she was in the same room, why do you keep saying she wasn't?

"After evidence was presented to Labour by the Daily Mail this week, the party admitted Ms Rayner had been in the room and apologised for an "honest mistake" over its original claim that she was not there."

Or do you think being in the same room as someone is not the same as being in the same room as someone?

That's cherry picking. It says nothing about which room and at what time and for what purpose. And you haven't linked to the source.

So do you accept that other people could make an honest mistake?

Of course I do.

On the balance of probability I believe Starmer did. Why lie about AR being there when it makes no difference; the issue is whether it was business.

On the same test I think Johnson did not. In one meeting he's seated together with his wife who has no formal role in DS. He's proven to have lied again and again to the extent that he's been sacked twice for it. He's repeatedly changed his story as 'Partygate' has evolved. He threw his Press Spokesperson under a bus over it.

EDIT. You've still not told us which gathering in the DS garden you think Johnson did make a mistake about.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 28

I'm afraid I only get a quick glance before the paywall comes down, but I see mention of attendance at the 'gathering' or 'event', which doesn't put Rayner in the same space as Starmer either physically or temporally.

Funny, I clicked on the link and you can read the entire article if you want to.

Just admit she was there and Starmer told lies, why so passionate to defend people you don't even know?

I don't defend what Boris did purely because in his position he shouldn't be doing it but it's nothing more than many people did but most people are nobodies that don't matter.

OP
OP
C

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
Now a link with no explanation or attempt at interpretation. I'm afraid I only get a quick glance before the paywall comes down, but I see mention of attendance at the 'gathering' or 'event', which doesn't put Rayner in the same space as Starmer either physically or temporally.

Just click the small cross in the top right of the 'paywall' and it goes away. Not that tricky.

winjim

Funny, I clicked on the link and you can read the entire article if you want to.

Just admit she was there and Starmer told lies, why so passionate to defend people you don't even know?

I don't defend what Boris did purely because in his position he shouldn't be doing it but it's nothing more than many people did but most people are nobodies that don't matter.

I'm not defending anyone. I haven't taken a position because I haven't seen any evidence. I don't believe that the person I'm primarily discussing this with is arguing in good faith so I'm not going to accept anything they write without a decent source to back it up.

I've covered the concept of 'there' a few posts upthread.

winjim

Just click the small cross in the top right of the 'paywall' and it goes away. Not that tricky.

OK, couldn't see the cross but paywall seems to have gone away. It's all a bit speculative, isn't it? Second or even third hand sources. Labour 'source' or Labour 'spokesperson'? There's a difference. And 'in the room'? Which room at which time? There appears to be consensus that Rayner was at the event, at the constituency offices, but I haven't seen clear evidence or admission that she was in the same room with Starmer at the point he was photographed drinking a beer.

OP
OP
C

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
OK, couldn't see the cross but paywall seems to have gone away. It's all a bit speculative, isn't it? Second or even third hand sources. Labour 'source' or Labour 'spokesperson'? There's a difference. And 'in the room'? Which room at which time? There appears to be consensus that Rayner was at the event, at the constituency offices, but I haven't seen clear evidence or admission that she was in the same room with Starmer at the point he was photographed drinking a beer.

Incredible. I think you could have been there and you would still be asking for a credible source. Today on breakfast news Keir Starmer said that they were there together, but within the rules etc. So the horse has said it from his own mouth.

Like I said upthread, I am relaxed about all the gatherings, the problem is the lying isn't it? They lied, they are saying that someone in their team made an 'honest mistake', well if they made an honest mistake, at the first time of asking why not say 'oh my staffer said we weren't both there, but actually we were, sorry about that' and no-one would be asking any questions. He didn't though, the Labour party press team, Keir Starmer and Angela Rayner all repeated they weren't together.

I am telling you, they are all the fucking same. I hope the disappointment isn't too crushing when this turns out to be the truth in a couple of years.

Did you hear David Lamy on the BBC yesterday morning? He ranted on for a minute about the NI changes and how they were unfair and crippling etc, then Sophie Raworth asked him if the Labour party would repeal them straight away if they got in power? Did David Lamy say
a. Yes of course, they are unfair, unjust and we will repeal them immediately
b. Well, er, it's, um, you can't make decisions, they are unfair, we would, er, um, that is an unfair question, they are not equitable, we would er, now the elections this Thursday are the focus....
SR- So is that yes or no to repealing them?
DL- We would like to, but it may not be, er, um, this Thursday is the focus

Of course they will not repeal the change, but no-one has the balls to say it. Just like the parties, they were all there, they lied and now they are squirming.

FishFright

Incredible. I think you could have been there and you would still be asking for a credible source. Today on breakfast news Keir Starmer said that they were there together, but within the rules etc. So the horse has said it from his own mouth.

Like I said upthread, I am relaxed about all the gatherings, the problem is the lying isn't it? They lied, they are saying that someone in their team made an 'honest mistake', well if they made an honest mistake, at the first time of asking why not say 'oh my staffer said we weren't both there, but actually we were, sorry about that' and no-one would be asking any questions. He didn't though, the Labour party press team, Keir Starmer and Angela Rayner all repeated they weren't together.

I am telling you, they are all the fucking same. I hope the disappointment isn't too crushing when this turns out to be the truth in a couple of years.

Did you hear David Lamy on the BBC yesterday morning? He ranted on for a minute about the NI changes and how they were unfair and crippling etc, then Sophie Raworth asked him if the Labour party would repeal them straight away if they got in power? Did David Lamy say
a. Yes of course, they are unfair, unjust and we will repeal them immediately
b. Well, er, it's, um, you can't make decisions, they are unfair, we would, er, um, that is an unfair question, they are not equitable, we would er, now the elections this Thursday are the focus....
SR- So is that yes or no to repealing them?
DL- We would like to, but it may not be, er, um, this Thursday is the focus

Of course they will not repeal the change, but no-one has the balls to say it. Just like the parties, they were all there, they lied and now they are squirming.

They till look like angels compare to Boris and co .

OP
OP
C

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
Oooh, it is getting very tricky now.........

Several MPs and aides present, curry, pizzas, beer, wine, Met police outside, the story develops. He has given some very short uppity answers in response to questions about the event.

I wonder, if he gets a fine will he resign?

Top Bottom