Would you recognise Angela Rayner?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
It seems that no one in the Labour Party can, including Keir Starmer!

She was in the same small room as several Labour officials, including the leader during the Durham beer and sandwiches party last year, but no-one recognised her!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61271050

We were told lots of times she was not in the room, including by Keir Starmer, but now she was. I guess she is easy to miss or maybe Keir Starmer just wished she wasn't there and air-brushed from his memory, or more likely the Labour Party and it's Leader simply lied to us because they thought it would never come out.

#TheyAreAllAtIt :laugh:

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I'll admit to only skim reading the article but where does it say she was in the same room?

You know, if we're striving for accuracy in our discussions.

OP
OP
C

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
I'll admit to only skim reading the article but where does it say she was in the same room?

You know, if we're striving for accuracy in our discussions.
Here, "gathering in a Durham MP's constituency office."

"Labour at first denied that Ms Rayner, Sir Keir's deputy, was with him at a gathering in the office of Mary Foy, the Labour City of Durham MP, in April 2021.
An image taken through the window of her office showed Sir Keir drinking a beer with colleagues including an unidentified light-haired woman facing away from the camera.
Ms Rayner has now been revealed to have attended the event in Durham after videos published online showed the pair attending online rallies from the same building that evening.
After evidence was presented to Labour by the Daily Mail this week, the party admitted Ms Rayner had been in the room and apologised for an "honest mistake" over its original claim that she was not there." from The Telegraph report

The Labour Party are admitting she was in the same room at the same time at the same event.

But still the Labour Party lied about it. This must mean that Keir Starmer and Angela Rayner must now resign for lying to the House, the media and the public to show the they hold themselves to a higher level than the Government, or their claimed moral high ground is shot to pieces?

winjim

That's a different source to the one in your OP and not one that I can read in context due to the paywall. Personally I can't see that they've admitted that she was in the room at the same time as Starmer.

And it wasn't exactly a party was it?

OP
OP
C

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
That's a different source to the one in your OP and not one that I can read in context due to the paywall. Personally I can't see that they've admitted that she was in the room at the same time as Starmer.

And it wasn't exactly a party was it?
The first quote I put up was from the OP.

How about reading the changed account all over the internet, I am sure you don't need me to find an account for you? If you do, then Google "Durham Labour meeting, Angela Rayner" and fill your boots with free articles from all manner of news outlets, newspapers and right and left leaning websites. Weirdly though, The Guardian do not seem to be mentioning it anywhere though, so that means a number of you will not even know the story exists :rolleyes:

Can we be clear too, a few colleagues having a break between meetings or after a working day for beer and sandwiches is NOT a party in your opinion?

winjim

The first quote I put up was from the OP.

How about reading the changed account all over the internet, I am sure you don't need me to find an account for you? If you do, then Google "Durham Labour meeting, Angela Rayner" and fill your boots with free articles from all manner of news outlets, newspapers and right and left leaning websites. Weirdly though, The Guardian do not seem to be mentioning it anywhere though, so that means a number of you will not even know the story exists :rolleyes:

Can we be clear too, a few colleagues having a break between meetings or after a working day for beer and sandwiches is NOT a party in your opinion?

You get that an 'office' can consist of multiple rooms, right? I'm not doing your searching for you, it's up to you to provide a source.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
It seems that no one in the Labour Party can, including Keir Starmer!

She was in the same small room as several Labour officials, including the leader during the Durham beer and sandwiches party last year, but no-one recognised her!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61271050

We were told lots of times she was not in the room, including by Keir Starmer, but now she was. I guess she is easy to miss or maybe Keir Starmer just wished she wasn't there and air-brushed from his memory, or more likely the Labour Party and it's Leader simply lied to us because they thought it would never come out.

#TheyAreAllAtIt :laugh:

Maybe she had her legs covered, and so, no-one noticed her?

OP
OP
C

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
You get that an 'office' can consist of multiple rooms, right? I'm not doing your searching for you, it's up to you to provide a source.
But for weeks we have been told on here that Boris should have known all about all the 'parties' because they happened in his offices!

Anyway, the information is out there, best you just keep your head in the sand so as not to challenge yourself too much.

Mr Celine

Ms Rayner has now been revealed to have attended the event in Durham after videos published online showed the pair attending online rallies from the same building that evening.
Attending online rallies? And there's actual evidence of it? Gosh, politicians caught working, whatever next.

Perhaps your hero could reciprocate and provide evidence, such as the agenda, minutes or the work-related videos of the 'work event' parties he was attending.

So far as I can see they were attending on line rally/rallies from the same building.

Has any coverage taken us further than that?

Specifically, is the 'light haired woman' Ms Rayner?

Her auburn locks, while not unique, are pretty distinctive.

As a Labour supporter one might worry about the Leader and his deputy working in silos to the extent that there can be a mix up as to whether they were both in the same city at the same time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom