3 by-elections - let’s have your comments

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Veteran
3 Tory seats being defended.
Looking like it could be a triple loss for the government.
With two labour and one Lib Dem winner.
But none of this is a foregone conclusion.

albion

Guru
Been Tory talked down to boost any crumbs of comfort.

OP
OP
Beebo

Beebo

Veteran
Labour win one, Libdems win one but Conservatives held Uxbridge by 400 odd votes.
ULEZ seems to have been enough of an issue to keep the seat blue.

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
This will embolden the Tories & guarantee no early GE. Sir Starver will conclude he's not quite made Labour vile enough yet, so we can look forward to the increasingly desperate Starmerati furiously defending even more hate/bigotry fuelled policies. Happy days!

This will embolden the Tories & guarantee no early GE. Sir Starver will conclude he's not quite made Labour vile enough yet, so we can look forward to the increasingly desperate Starmerati furiously defending even more hate/bigotry fuelled policies. Happy days!

Yes, but it will backfire. Had he not been such an arse I reckon a fair few Lib and Green voters would have ticked the Labour box.

Reactions: C R

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
Yes, but it will backfire. Had he not been such an arse I reckon a fair few Lib and Green voters would have ticked the Labour box.

Well, exactly. Starmer is playing this so spectacularly wrong I'm pretty confident the Tories will still win a GE. These results - largely predicated on typical by-election low turnouts - don't seem to point to any sort of seismic shift.

D

Deleted member 49

This is what Labour are...Maybe some of the 53% of people in Uxbridge who didn’t vote might of considered it if we didn't have a spineless w@nker telling us nothing can get any better for the foreseeable.

Pale Rider

Veteran
Its about the best you can hope for...rain or maybe a double episode of Coronation street on election night.

I'm more hopeful than I was a few weeks ago, not least because the Starmertron is struggling a bit with all the factions in Labour.

A week is a long time in politics, a year or so is even longer.

Top Bottom