A real racist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Veteran
Too many posters on here bellow 'racist' at anyone who so much as mentions race or who doesn't share their opinion.

This became beyond satire recently when a poster was taken to task for listing the three most polluting countries in the world.

It's clear some need to re-calibrate their definition of racist.

To help start the process, here's a story about real, genuine, nailed on racist, both online and in real life.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-66383667

Too many posters on here bellow 'racist' at anyone who so much as mentions race or who doesn't share their opinion.

This became beyond satire recently when a poster was taken to task for listing the three most polluting countries in the world.

To help start the process, here's a story about real, genuine, nailed on racist, both online and in real life.

He's way off scale though isn't he?

There are plenty of forms of racism way back from being a Hitler admirer and we see them on display every day.

All uphill

I am glad he has been stopped but wonder if he is likely to emerge from clink a reformed character or a hardened, more hate filled person.

All uphill

I rather like the use of the word "person" in place of the usual inflammatory terms - snowflake, gammon, illegal immigrant, benefits scrounger.

multitool

Shaman

What a stupid, ignorant post.

As if racism only becomes racism after it hits a certain threshold.

multitool

Shaman
Your second sentence makes the point perfectly.

Why detract from it with your first sentence? It can serve only to become the focus of his response and your point will be lost in the inevitable trading of provocations.

He's very fond of dishing out the opprobrium, and I don't want to deny him his right to receive critique of his thoughts, such as they are, in the same terms.

I'm not actually overly concerned that the toys will inevitably be flung out of the pram. For those that are, scrolling past can lead to a better browsing experience.

matticus

Guru
Why detract from it with your first sentence? It can serve only to become the focus of his response and your point will be lost in the inevitable trading of provocations.

err .. because that's what NACA was created for? You didn't think it was for calm grown-up discussion of current affairs did you? Oh my dear boy ... :biggrin: :biggrin:

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
He's very fond of dishing out the opprobrium, and I don't want to deny him his right to receive critique of his thoughts, such as they are, in the same terms.

You give him an out from your criticisms, however convincingly put, when you load your reply with insulting remarks.
It allows him to put the focus on your jibes rather than address any substantive point you had.

There could be good discussions on here, if only they weren’t stifled by streams of playground taunts.

I'm not actually overly concerned that the toys will inevitably be flung out of the pram. For those that are, scrolling past can lead to a better browsing experience.

A better browsing experience would be not having such nonsense to scroll past in the first place.

multitool

Shaman
You give him an out from your criticisms, however convincingly put, when you load your reply with insulting remarks.
It allows him to put the focus on your jibes rather than address any substantive point you had.

Do you genuinely believe he would ever address the substantive point?

I don't.

Top Bottom