A Sad Reflection On Society

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spen666

Obviously this incident is only at an early stage of investigation and the accused may not be guilty of anything.

It is sad to think we have a 14 year old child stabbed to death

It is equally sad that the accused are a 14 year old boy and a 13 year old girl

As a society ( not talking political issues here), we need to take a long hard look at ourselves at how we have allowed/ permitted a situation where children are being murdered , potentially by other children.

https://tinyurl.com/2mvl35cg

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Stealth Daily Mail Link Alert!

theclaud

Reading around the chip
How do you propose we 'deal with' this distressing murder about which we know little except the ages of the victims and perpetrators, Spenners?

“We would ask the public not to speculate on details of the investigation. What might seem like an innocent post on social media to you could in reality disrupt an ongoing investigation and cause further upset to the family of the victim."

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Oh, and why would you disguise the link when the forum software allows you to customise the link text in-post, if not to persuade people to click on something they wouldn't otherwise?

OP
OP
spen666

spen666

Oh, and why would you disguise the link when the forum software allows you to customise the link text in-post, if not to persuade people to click on something they wouldn't otherwise?

Still playing sill pathetic political games I see

How do you propose we 'deal with' this distressing murder about which we know little except the ages of the victims and perpetrators, Spenners?

“We would ask the public not to speculate on details of the investigation. What might seem like an innocent post on social media to you could in reality disrupt an ongoing investigation and cause further upset to the family of the victim."

I'm not making any proposals, I'm reflecting on how sad it is that we live in a society where children are murdered, and seemingly by another child.

I deliberately have made no proposals as I do not know any details about the offence or perpetrators, other than one is dead and all are 14 or under

Are you really trying to suggest that saying it is sad we live in a society where it appears children may kill children is going to disrupt an investigation?

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Here is the Guardian link about the same story.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/oct/04/gateshead-springwell-estate-teenager-stabbed-arrests

So it seems it really did happen, just as told by the original link. Now you can all feel more comfortable to discuss the situation.

I live approximately 4 miles (as the crow flies) from the incident.

It has been extensively featured on our local (BBC & ITV) News.

It would appear, it did in fact happen, as you point out.

Mr Celine

I'm not making any proposals, I'm reflecting on how sad it is that we live in a society where children are murdered, and seemingly by another child.
But what's your point caller?

Were you unaware that such tragedies happen? It's not even unheard of on Tyneside, just Google Mary Bell.

theclaud

Reading around the chip

I deliberately have made no proposals as I do not know any details about the offence or perpetrators, other than one is dead and all are 14 or under

Are you really trying to suggest that saying it is sad we live in a society where it appears children may kill children is going to disrupt an investigation?

You said you thought we should deal with the issues. I'm just wondering how you think we should go about it.

icowden

Legendary Member
Whilst I agree with the tenor of your thought, this is an isolated case. As such it would not be possible to legislate or design a way to stop an event like this happening. There are already initiatives to fight knife crime and these have had some effect, but it is impossible to eliminate completely.

Also, without knowing the detail of what happened, we cannot explore the reasons *why* it happened, only that something happened between 3 teens which resulted in a death.

classic33

Whilst I agree with the tenor of your thought, this is an isolated case. As such it would not be possible to legislate or design a way to stop an event like this happening. There are already initiatives to fight knife crime and these have had some effect, but it is impossible to eliminate completely.

Also, without knowing the detail of what happened, we cannot explore the reasons *why* it happened, only that something happened between 3 teens which resulted in a death.
How quickly people forget. There was another stabbing in Huddersfield only recently. Outside of a school.

Top Bottom