All right wingers are colossal morons

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Squire
It's a genetic condition that makes people smell like rotten fish. There's an odourous compound produced in the gut that's normally metabolised by the liver but if you have this condition the liver can't process it and it comes out in your breath and sweat (and other body fluids).

How unfortunate for those poor souls 😟

I wonder if it's related to how gone off soya milk smells like rotten fish??

Reactions: C R

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
How unfortunate for those poor souls 😟

I wonder if it's related to how gone off soya milk smells like rotten fish??

It wouldn't surprise me as it's the action of gut bacteria on soy lecithin (amongst other foods) that produces the odour.

It's an unfortunate condition because it's very stigmatising although it has nothing to do with personal hygiene. It's also rare and sounds a bit funny so some doctors think it's all in the head and won't refer for testing.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
I saw a sad thing years ago about a guy who developed really bad body odour, to the point where he barely left the house because people found the smell overwhelming. He was a farmer and ultimately they traced it to some sort of infection from a scratch from a chicken I think. Just googled it but nothing came up. It was decades ago, on something like Nationwide. Lived an isolated life for years.

ebikeerwidnes

On the odd occasion when I've read a Ma!l article, I've been struck by the relative accuracy of a given article, but with a willfully misleading headline. My guess is an expectation that their readers won't read beyond the headline & the Ma!l has plausible deniability.

My ex-partner's mother always read the Daily Mail
Which I always found a bit weird as she is an immigrant and not even a British citizen - or at least wasn't at the time (Austrian - economic migrant that came over from Austria to work in the Lancashire mills in the 1950s)

but anyway - she always kept the old ones in a pile by the side of teh telly until there was a big pile and then put them in the recycling bin
When we visited I used to read some of them
I found that a lot of the stories were actually very well written and researched but often you only found the actually detailed facts after reading most of a page of writing - or even onto the second page
WHich, in my opinion, they can pretty much assume most people don't get to.
However, in some cases it would allow them to justify the more rabid headlines and first few paragraphs as the details further down specify the details and show that the rabid stuff is only the extreme - if you read it carefully you can see this
Which would probably be enough to at least make it difficult to sue them as they did give all the details

Quite impressive writing at times

bit like putting the conclusions that you want people to see in the "executive Summary" of a report and the actual facts in the main text that your bosses never read

mudsticks

Squire
I saw a sad thing years ago about a guy who developed really bad body odour, to the point where he barely left the house because people found the smell overwhelming. He was a farmer and ultimately they traced it to some sort of infection from a scratch from a chicken I think. Just googled it but nothing came up. It was decades ago, on something like Nationwide. Lived an isolated life for years.

Poor guy 😥

It may seem we've gone off at a bit of a tangent here , but there's a lot of evidence that links poor diet, poor gut functioning, poor mental health, and then quite possibly poor social functioning, as well so it's not wholly unrelated.
Can you get me a urine sample?
He most probably can - but beware its not just off of some random, he's met down our local ...

Ian H

Guru
Can you get me a urine sample?

If I asked, he'd assume I was taking the p!ss.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis

This bloke maybe?

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(96)06408-2/fulltext

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
That did come up when I googled but my feeling was it was much older than that. Could be my faulty memory but it was a thing I recalled from my childhood I think and I was an adult by the time of that paper. Awful condition to live with though as the description seems to suggests nothing helped eradicate the putrid odour. Could be they were writing up a much older case I suppose. I hope he found some relief eventually.

Top Bottom