Big brother Tesla

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Veteran
Sandy Munro gets a tour of the Texas Giga plant production for the Cybertruck. Very interesting if you like this engineering stuff

View: https://youtu.be/GFgGnhRZarY?si=VZpxrNAHUS-QiRwG

D

Deleted member 49

I have grown to like the Cybertruck. It's so different, it's alluring.
Really....
Screenshot_20231220-194431.png

classic33

Category C1​

You can drive vehicles between 3,500 and 7,500kg maximum authorised mass (MAM) (with a trailer up to 750kg).

Cybertruck weight- the Beast tri motor is below C1 category at 3110kg

Standard B/B1 driving license before or after 1997 sufficient to drive Cybertruck
From that link,
"Maximum authorised mass (MAM) means the weight of a vehicle or trailer including the maximum load that can be carried safely when it’s being used on the road."

Its weight is more than that allowed under the B1 license. You add the maximum payload to the unladen vehicle mass to calculate the maximum vehicle weight. This means you need to add the empty CT mass, around 2200-2500kg together with it's 1500kg payload, meaning the CT will have a Maximum authorised mass(MAM) of 3700-4000kg. Which is above the 3500kg limit.

CXRAndy

Veteran
Still drive it on a B license if you got it before '97.

Pretty much moot point, seen as only private UK importers will likely get one and those with at least £80k to pay for import costs.

Production of Cybertruck has delivered 600 trucks in little over a month, since deliveries began.

Top 4 countries by pre-order
1.USA
2.Canada
3.Australia
4.UK

That leaves only 1,999,400 to fulfil pre-orders :laugh:

Last edited:

classic33

Still drive it on a B license if you got it before '97.

Pretty much moot point, seen as only private UK importers will likely get one and those with at least £80k to pay for import costs.

Production of Cybertruck has delivered 600 trucks in little over a month, since deliveries began.

Top 4 countries by pre-order
1.USA
2.Canada
3.Australia
4.UK

That leaves only 1,999,400 to fulfil pre-orders :laugh:
Then there's the issue of the charging point. It's the North American plug only being installed.

30 have been "delivered" since the 30th November(When "deliveries" started). Delivered in this case doesn't mean that the owner actually has the vehicle, just that further payments have been made over and above the reservation fee.

CXRAndy

Veteran
According to vin database they have delivered more. But hey let's agree to disagree. Re charger sockets.

I have a CCS adapter for my model S which has NACS socket.

That will be the intermediate solution for differing charger outlets

According to vin database they have delivered more. But hey let's agree to disagree. Re charger sockets.

I have a CCS adapter for my model S which has NACS socket.

That will be the intermediate solution for differing charger outlets
Sounds like a great solution 300 different converter plugs 25 different systems..

Behind BYD.
Yeah but half of them burn down so part of their sales numbers are actually replacements..
Hate on Tesla what you like but at least they make quality.
I doubt I'm alone in thinking that self driving cars are f*cking stupid, am I? Especially when the guy at the forefront of this technology signs off on design cues from the Citroen Karin.

They'll become self aware and then we're doomed.
I don't agree i think a computer can make much better decisions than a human driver, if tested and trained properly

icowden

Legendary Member
given the limited number of manufacturers that doesn't give me that much confidence to be honest.
How broad a range do you want?

Teasa, BYD, Polestar, Hyundai, Ford, Mercedes, Jaguar, Fiat, Mini, Skoda, Rolls Royce, BWM, Audi, Peugeot, Citroen - pretty much every car manufacturer that existed plus a number of electric only companies make electric cars. Toyota is one of the last hold outs and their EV is due out next year.

OP
OP
albion

albion

Guru
Toyota, Peugot, Daihatsu and Citroen share resourses. The drivetrains/engines are often shared with the exterior being unique
It is the way forward, even more so with EV.

Top Bottom