Big brother Tesla

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

matticus

Guru
Did someone mention blue ticks?

Screenshot_20221105-165510.png

• Laugh
Reactions: C R
OP
OP
albion

albion

Guru

Yes exactly. At the moment you can't pay for a blue tick, you have to prove that you need one and are the person you say you are.

This is why:-
Yet the risk, deceitful practices of criminals pretending to be someone they aren't hasn't really changed since the blue ticks, it was as per that tweet also not limited to twitter, so how is an ineffective measure then really going to matter?

icowden

Legendary Member
Yet the risk, deceitful practices of criminals pretending to be someone they aren't hasn't really changed since the blue ticks, it was as per that tweet also not limited to twitter, so how is an ineffective measure then really going to matter?
Because it isn't ineffective. If you are following a celebrity and they have a blue tick, you know that they are that celebrity. Why should twitter care about Facebook? They need their own policy.

Because it isn't ineffective. If you are following a celebrity and they have a blue tick, you know that they are that celebrity. Why should twitter care about Facebook? They need their own policy.
The very quote i was responding to said the person in question was impersonated on many platforms, so hence my ineffective. Separate from the fact that the fake blue tick trick by using an background is an thing too, it has been for years.
And just in today is that Twitter now bans accounts that impersonate unless it clearly says ''parody'' so without the need for a bleu tick even without new rules just enforcing the old ones.(it was in Twitters terms for years.) In addition with ''blue tick for all'' you can't impersonate and any username change will mean you temporarily lose your blue tick.

The most effective way would be an site that connects to you social media and then checks certain what you think is a celerity against a list of known accounts.
Most of these scammers however always claim said celerity is lockout of his original account, is ''underground or something like that, there is no way to protect people against that with blue ticks, or any other checks.

matticus

Guru
So, free speech ...

Screenshot_20221108-070228.png

matticus

Guru
Since this has become the official Billion Dollar ManBaby thread, it's probably the best place to post this

(we should probably rename it. Or something. But would that harm Free Speech?!? I have no idea ... )

Anyway: Stephen Fry has moved wholesale to Mustelid. I suspect this is quite a big blow for Twitter.
Still a lot of people preferring to stay and taunt Elon as much as possible!

(I'd like to see every user add Parody to their name. )

Top Bottom