Brave, brave soldiers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icowden

Legendary Member
More accurately, 'someone who isn't a Conservative is not voting Conservative'
No, that would be less accurately.

This is a Conservative Councillor who has resigned from the conservative group and will not be voting conservative. It does not say that his resignation has been accepted nor when it is effective from.

Beebo

Veteran
My parents live in Elmbridge and I spent the first 24 years of my life there.

It’s frighteningly upper middle class and hugely wealthy. It regularly comes in the top 10 best places to live.

They have never returned an MP who isn’t a Tory, but they are the traditional small c conservatives. Fairly liberal and internationalist. But they don’t have immigrants coming over stealing their low paid jobs.

They have nothing in common with the type of Tory voter from red wall constituencies. Keeping both sides happy will be almost impossible for Johnson.

He will end up losing traditional conservatives whilst trying to keep the fly by nights.

icowden

Legendary Member
My parents live in Elmbridge and I spent the first 24 years of my life there.

It’s frighteningly upper middle class and hugely wealthy. It regularly comes in the top 10 best places to live.

They have never returned an MP who isn’t a Tory, but they are the traditional small c conservatives. Fairly liberal and internationalist. But they don’t have immigrants coming over stealing their low paid jobs.
So it just goes to show how much they dislike Raab given that he was *very* close to losing his seat last time around.

matticus

Guru
I feel we should be honouring many brave brave soldiers - including some employed by the media, not just the tories - who have been sent in as cannon-fodder against the unstoppable (and indeed unflappable) force that is Mick Lynch.

Seems to have gone quiet today. Are they licking their wounds, or simply counting the dead?

Top Bottom