Brave, brave soldiers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
So you'd really prefer to keep Johnson, Dorries, Patel, Raab, Gove et al than cast a vote in Starmer's direction?

Personally I think the best outcome at the next election would be a liberal alliance between labour / lib-dem / green and possibly snp. Seats like Raab's are unwinnable by Labour, but victory is achievable by lib-dems. I suspect the former red wall will turn red again, and many blue seats will go yellow.

Unless Sir Keith's lying, you'll get it anyway. He's been repeatedly, adamantly clear that Labour will, under no circumstances, entertain any kind of deal whatsoever with the SNP - he'll cheerfully enable another Tory government first. And while I wouldn't pin very many hopes on the increasingly inconsequential Piss Tories Lib Dems making enough gains to hold the balance of power any time in this century, are you really sure they wouldn't gleefully jump into bed with the Tories again?

D

Deleted member 49

Is this the same Labour leadership team that are publicly happy that Johnson won the last general election that I "should" be voting for ?
Screenshot_20220425-220930.png

icowden

Legendary Member
Unless Sir Keith's lying, you'll get it anyway. He's been repeatedly, adamantly clear that Labour will, under no circumstances, entertain any kind of deal whatsoever with the SNP - he'll cheerfully enable another Tory government first. And while I wouldn't pin very many hopes on the increasingly inconsequential Piss Tories Lib Dems making enough gains to hold the balance of power any time in this century, are you really sure they wouldn't gleefully jump into bed with the Tories again?

D'you know what? I'd be quite happy if they did. They would be able to temper some of the madness the current leadership has and veto some of the more fascist bills.

Also are we talking about this Sir Keith?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/keir-starmer-liberal-democrats-election-b1981971.html
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...-rule-out-alliance-to-defeat-tories-gtp63g6w8
https://www.ft.com/content/7d10aef7-1ed5-4e0d-a128-858cd0b2e2f0

I mean although he is quite clear that he'd like a Labour victory, he's also seemingly happy to work with the Lib Dems to ensure Tories don't get seats.

icowden

Legendary Member
Is this the same Labour leadership team that are publicly happy that Johnson won the last general election that I "should" be voting for ?

I don't think anyone has said who you should be voting for. I just evinced surprise that anyone would want to vote to return a Conservative MP at the moment, given their fiscal incompetence, racism, desire to destroy the arts, failure to manage Covid and the amount of taxpayer money they have siphoned off to their friends.

Personally I'll be voting lib-dem to get rid of Raab. Labour haven't a snowball's chance in hell in Esher and Walton.

I don't think anyone has said who you should be voting for. I just evinced surprise that anyone would want to vote to return a Conservative MP at the moment, given their fiscal incompetence, racism, desire to destroy the arts, failure to manage Covid and the amount of taxpayer money they have siphoned off to their friends.

Personally I'll be voting lib-dem to get rid of Raab. Labour haven't a snowball's chance in hell in Esher and Walton.

@Adam is happy to see a Tory win as long as he doesn't have to compromise the purity of his vote.
He happily reaps what he sows....

D

Deleted member 49

@Adam is happy to see a Tory win as long as he doesn't have to compromise the purity of his vote.
He happily reaps what he sows....
Where as Foodie will vote for anyone who looks the part....put a suit on,red rosette happy days....he's everything you wanted isn't he :laugh:

Where as Foodie will vote for anyone who looks the part....put a suit on,red rosette happy days....he's everything you wanted isn't he :laugh:

Sadly not, but I'll vote pragmatically for whoever has the best chance of keeping the Tories out. That's goal #1 IMO.
Voting Labour in Abingdon was a wasted vote, voting liberal lost the Tories a seat.
My new constituency is also a Tory stronghold. Again I will vote for the party that is most likely to remove them/keep them out.
Until we have PR, I see no value in voting any other way.

Local Council = Will vote Lib Dem (incumbent), Labour far behind.
National Election = Will vote Labour to remove the Tories, but the gap is vast (Torieshave double the Labour vote)

Last edited:

Beebo

Veteran
Keith lol. Never gets old.

Especially when he’s named after the man who actually founded the Labour Party.

Top Bottom