Bread and Royal Circuses...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.

BoldonLad

BoldonLad

So you think Harry and Meghan should have stayed and/or bunkered down.

You asking me?

If yes, I don't particularly have an opinion on if Harry and Meghan, stay or go, I don't much care. I have a slight preference for go, provided that means one (or two) less Royal hangers on. Perhaps they could take a few more of the Royals with them?

If no, then, kindly ignore this post.

D

Deleted member 49

icowden

Legendary Member
I didn't say that you, personally, did, but, there was just a tiny outcry, presumably, from those who had never erred, if I recall.

I think the key difference is that Danny Baker immediately recognised the way that the tweet had been interpreted, explained what his thinking was at the time, apologised and deleted the tweet.

Clarkson on the other hand, didn't just quickly tweet a picture, he wrote a column and spent some time writing some quite unpleasant stuff about Markle. There was no "mistake" in his thoughts. The only "mistake" was that he thought he was being funny. But - loads of publicity for Murdoch's rags, so no need to sack him.

BoldonLad

I think the key difference is that Danny Baker immediately recognised the way that the tweet had been interpreted, explained what his thinking was at the time, apologised and deleted the tweet.

Clarkson on the other hand, didn't just quickly tweet a picture, he wrote a column and spent some time writing some quite unpleasant stuff about Markle. There was no "mistake" in his thoughts. The only "mistake" was that he thought he was being funny. But - loads of publicity for Murdoch's rags, so no need to sack him.

You could be right. But, since I didn't make any reference to Clarkson (other than in a much later post, which you haven't quoted), I don't quite get the correlation?

icowden

Legendary Member
You could be right. But, since I didn't make any reference to Clarkson (other than in a much later post, which you haven't quoted), I don't quite get the correlation?

Just expounding on the difference between DB and JC based on what you and others had already posted...

BoldonLad

Just expounding on the difference between DB and JC based on what you and others had already posted...

Since Danny Baker lost his career, and Clarkson's appears to be on an upward trajectory, the moral of the story would appear to be "be a Clarkson"? ;)

Top Bottom