Bread and Royal Circuses...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian H

Guru
If Baker's story is true, you have to ask why he wasn't a bit more careful before he Tweeted, given that he was a high profile individual, employed by the BBC.
Clarkson's obnoxious outburst has presumably been through some sort of editorial process. I don't read the Scum, but it seems vile even by their standards.

I read Clarkson is being excused by some because he was referring to a scene in a Netflix series (read 'literary reference').

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
If Baker's story is true, you have to ask why he wasn't a bit more careful before he Tweeted, given that he was a high profile individual, employed by the BBC.
Clarkson's obnoxious outburst has presumably been through some sort of editorial process. I don't read the Scum, but it seems vile even by their standards.

Presumably, even "high profile individuals" make the odd "error of judgement", and, perhaps, occasionally, like the rest of us over indulge in the evil alcohol.

Not a religious person, myself, but, wasn't there a little homily about casting the first stone?

D

Deleted member 49

Clarkson ! He's a w@nker shocker.....like that piece didn't have to run by/checked by feck knows how many people at The Scum.

albion

Guru
Danny Bakers skill relied on him being an off the cuff person. The BBC should have acknowledged this and suspended him at worst.

matticus

Guru
I'm not sure about casting stones. I am sure that I didn't call Danny Baker a racist.

Do you want a medal?

Ian H

Guru
Danny Bakers skill relied on him being an off the cuff person. The BBC should have acknowledged this and suspended him at worst.

You'd have to be pretty dim not to notice that the ape/monkey thing is one of the commonest and most egregious racial slurs.

albion

Guru
That mainly passed me by, maybe part work, and because I do not listen to talk radio. I did listen to him years ago, and believe me, he came across as very dim.
https://www.theguardian.com/comment...e-live-in-an-age-of-damnation-not-forgiveness
'He has a history of posting pictures of costumed apes to mock poshness.'
'Few who know Baker, or have listened to his shows, would consider him racist. Part of the problem, perhaps, is the way social media has encouraged people to be provocative '

matticus

Guru
Meanwhile, Christmas dinner chez Clarkson could be interesting:

1671452324986.png

(will they watch the King's speech?)

Top Bottom