Bread and Royal Circuses...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Veteran
And Clarkson gets to keep his job presenting “Who wants to be a Millionaire” on ITV for now.

C R

Über Member
Any small shred of sympathy I might have had for Harry just evaporated

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/jan/05/prince-harry-diana-new-book-autobiography-spare

"woman with powers relayed message from his (dead) mother" :wacko:

Beebo

Veteran
He’s clearly a damaged individual. A product of his upbringing.
I can see why he has fallen for Megan and I can see why the Firm were unhappy about it.
This will all play far better in California than here. I fear he’s burnt his bridges now.

Reactions: C R

slowmotion

I’ve said it before and I’m happy to say it again. These people are abused from childhood to death and we need to grow up as a country, do the decent thing, and bring it to an end.

I'm curious about that assertion. How are they abused?

I'm curious about that assertion. How are they abused?
From birth they are effectively public property and have to live their entire lives in the spotlight. Fancy having a couple of friends round after school to kick a ball round the park? Not without their parents being vetted and an armed guard hiding in the undergrowth.

They have no choice of career other than the military, no opportunity to make a living for themselves like normal people. Suppose one of them had a hankering to become a builder, or a software engineer, or a tyre fitter. Tough mate, you’re off to Sandhurst.

Gay or lesbian? No you’re not, at least in public. Select your own partner? No, not if you’re in the top echelon unless you’re prepared for all sorts of ordure being dropped on you.

Nearly all zoo animals exhibit behavioural problems and the royals are no different. The cage may be gilded but it’s still a cage.

Look after them, support them during their reintroduction to the real world, but set them free.

slowmotion

From birth they are effectively public property and have to live their entire lives in the spotlight. Fancy having a couple of friends round after school to kick a ball round the park? Not without their parents being vetted and an armed guard hiding in the undergrowth.

They have no choice of career other than the military, no opportunity to make a living for themselves like normal people. Suppose one of them had a hankering to become a builder, or a software engineer, or a tyre fitter. Tough mate, you’re off to Sandhurst.

Gay or lesbian? No you’re not, at least in public. Select your own partner? No, not if you’re in the top echelon unless you’re prepared for all sorts of ordure being dropped on you.

Nearly all zoo animals exhibit behavioural problems and the royals are no different. The cage may be gilded but it’s still a cage.

Look after them, support them during their reintroduction to the real world, but set them free.

You could say the same of many, many thousands of people who are raised in wealthy households in the eye of the media.

Ecclestones
Trumps
Beckhams
and all the rest of the Red Top diet.

Their upbringing may be distinctly unusual, but "abused" is a bit of a stretch, isn't it?

You could say the same of many, many thousands of people who are raised in wealthy households in the eye of the media.
Yes, but it’s even more restricted and intense with the royals. Was Beckham Jr. forced into the military for example?

Their upbringing may be distinctly unusual, but "abused" is a bit of a stretch, isn't it?
I don’t think so. It looks like a form of abuse to me.

slowmotion

Peddling their victimhood seems to be going down a storm in the media. It can't be too awful for them financially. I'll be interested to see how far they can milk it.

2861CDFE-9D85-4A85-95EF-F30687671A0D.jpeg

Top Bottom